Oci Bidlist critique for transfer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Oci Bidlist critique for transfer

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:37 am

Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

cron1834

Gold

Re: Oci Bidlist critique for transfer

Post by cron1834 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:28 am

It's not clear what you're asking for. Are you asking if you're academically qualified at these firms? I don't think most people can answer that, without knowing your GPA, how transfer GPAs are treated at your school, and which school you go to. Are you asking if you need to re-rank the firms based on scarcity of interview slots? I don't think most people can answer that, either, without knowing how many people the firms send to your school.

This is kinda like asking what law school you should attend without telling people where you're from, what your LSAT score is, and what kind of job you want.

It's pretty clear that Covington and Cravath are the most selective of the firms you listed and are are long shots for TTT transfers, but you probably know that already. For more specific advice, you need to be more specific.

SmokeytheBear

Silver

Post by SmokeytheBear » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:34 am

Need to know:
- school transfered from
- school transfered to
- GPA
- which city each of the firms are in
- size of summer class
- practice group preference, if any

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 am

cron1834 wrote:It's not clear what you're asking for. Are you asking if you're academically qualified at these firms? I don't think most people can answer that, without knowing your GPA, how transfer GPAs are treated at your school, and which school you go to. Are you asking if you need to re-rank the firms based on scarcity of interview slots? I don't think most people can answer that, either, without knowing how many people the firms send to your school.

This is kinda like asking what law school you should attend without telling people where you're from, what your LSAT score is, and what kind of job you want.

It's pretty clear that Covington and Cravath are the most selective of the firms you listed and are are long shots for TTT transfers, but you probably know that already. For more specific advice, you need to be more specific.
I think he might be bidding Covington NYC, which is nowhere near as selective as Cravath (or Covington DC), if I recall correctly.
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:03 pm

runinthefront wrote:
cron1834 wrote:It's not clear what you're asking for. Are you asking if you're academically qualified at these firms? I don't think most people can answer that, without knowing your GPA, how transfer GPAs are treated at your school, and which school you go to. Are you asking if you need to re-rank the firms based on scarcity of interview slots? I don't think most people can answer that, either, without knowing how many people the firms send to your school.

I think he might be bidding Covington NYC, which is nowhere near as selective as Cravath (or Covington DC), if I recall correctly.
Fair if true. But the moral of the story is the same here, i.e. it's hard to help.

Accidental anon, this is Cron.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:15 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”