Yawning by Interviewers?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Yawning by Interviewers?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here, one week post CB and no word. I'm guessing it was equal parts interviewers were tired + I didn't hold their interest. Lesson learned.

No self awareness that maybe you weren't the best candidate?

acr

Postby acr » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here, one week post CB and no word. I'm guessing it was equal parts interviewers were tired + I didn't hold their interest. Lesson learned.

Your guess is wrong. You were probably coming off as a nervous wreck/socially incompetent law student because you over-analyze shit. Or as the previous poster mentioned, there were likely better candidates. It's laughable to suggest that you've "learned a lesson" because one interviewier yawned and you haven't heard anything in one week's time.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:49 pm

No, I don't think that I came off as nervous or over-anxious, at all. I have been told I Interview very well.

The lesson is to strategize and be ready to increase the energy level on the room if I see this happening again at other interviews (not sure how . . . Be ready with jokes?). Also, they are going to be on-campus at a few schools still, so I would say I'm not out, but I didn't knock their socks off. I think that because this was pre-OCI, I was hopeful, but nbd.

Mr. Blackacre

Postby Mr. Blackacre » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No, I don't think that I came off as nervous or over-anxious, at all. I have been told I Interview very well.

The lesson is to strategize and be ready to increase the energy level on the room if I see this happening again at other interviews (not sure how . . . Be ready with jokes?). Also, they are going to be on-campus at a few schools still, so I would say I'm not out, but I didn't knock their socks off. I think that because this was pre-OCI, I was hopeful, but nbd.

lol.

whats an updog

Postby whats an updog » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Never hurts to throw a few jokes out there to really get things shaking.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:No, I don't think that I came off as nervous or over-anxious, at all. I have been told I Interview very well.

You did not learn the correct lesson.

Real talk: interviewees don't get offers for all sorts of reasons. About the worst thing you can do is to focus in on one (likely irrelevant) thing, assume that that thing was the reason you didn't get an offer, and then change your interviewing approach in response to that thing. You're headed down a path toward making yourself a worse interviewer.

mjb447

Postby mjb447 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Please let us know what jokes you decide to use.

Return to “Legal Employment”