Summer Associate Travel Reimbursement Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Summer Associate Travel Reimbursement

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:33 pm

If I go to UCLA/USC & am working in SF but going back to LA before heading back home out of state for the summer, can I get the flight from LA comped? Or does it have to be from the office location. (Asking as a general matter for comp-able travel)

jhett

Bronze

Re: Summer Associate Travel Reimbursement

Post by jhett » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:20 am

Generally, no. Travel reimbursement does not entitle you to more than one trip. So you can get reimbursed for SF -> LA, or for SF -> hometown, but not both. Although if a SF -> hometown flight with a long layover in LA exists, you can do that.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Post by RaceJudicata » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:29 am

jhett wrote:Generally, no. Travel reimbursement does not entitle you to more than one trip. So you can get reimbursed for SF -> LA, or for SF -> hometown, but not both. Although if a SF -> hometown flight with a long layover in LA exists, you can do that.
My reading was that OP is traveling to LA on his/her own dime, then wants to take advantage of the travel reimbursement to get home.

If I'm wrong, then you are definitely correct.

jhett

Bronze

Post by jhett » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 pm

RaceJudicata wrote:My reading was that OP is traveling to LA on his/her own dime, then wants to take advantage of the travel reimbursement to get home.

If I'm wrong, then you are definitely correct.
Ah, I see the alternate reading now.

If that's the case, then ask HR if that is possible. If your firm also has an LA office, they may have an easier time justifying it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”