mass mailing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

mass mailing

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:55 pm

many firms allow you to submit your 2L SA applications through their website -- this isn't mass mailing right? mm is when a firm doesn't have that and you e-mail the hiring manager your resume, cover letter, transcript? even if a firm's website allows you to submit, should i be e-mailing the hiring partner anyway?

pterodactyls

Silver

Re: mass mailing

Postby pterodactyls » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:56 am

My impression (though also a rising 2L) is that "mass mailing" just refers to the process of applying to firms pre-OCI.

Personally, if I see that a firm has an online application form, I've used that. If not, I've just emailed the recruiting contact listed on their NALP form. Once when I missed the online form and emailed my materials, I got a reply back saying "use the online form." YMMV.

crumb cake

Bronze

Re: mass mailing

Postby crumb cake » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:01 am

That's still mass mailing. No need to email your application if they have a form for it on their website.

Return to “Legal Employment�