HLS EIP 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:3L here. I got an email rejection this morning from a firm I did a screener with last year that never got back to me. I'm pretty sure it was a mistake (it wasn't the office I interviewed with).


Lol.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Skadden Boston?


Not me but someone reported a CB a few pages back

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard anything from Proskauer LA or Paul Hastings LA?


Yes CBs from both last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:3L here. I got an email rejection this morning from a firm I did a screener with last year that never got back to me. I'm pretty sure it was a mistake (it wasn't the office I interviewed with).


Lol.



LOL. I thought I was the only one.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
RaceJudicata wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Am I the only one who would prefer generalized rejection emails to these weird personalized ones? It almost feels worse to have my interviewer tell me that "despite your impressive credentials, I was unable to recommend you for a callback interview due to limited space" (verbatim quote). Come on, just reject me already. Don't make it personally insulting.


I agree. Being told that a committee carefully considered me before deciding I'm unworthy is so much worse IMO.


I assumed they said that "impressive credentials" stuff to everyone.


Lol, what you are describing is a generic/generalized rejection.


Fair, but getting it straight from the interviewer (once with weird italics on ~impressive credentials~) seems a bit much...


I got one of these personal ones from a hiring partner directly at Cravath (not HR).

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone gotten a snail mail ding?
and...how soon after callbacks do firms make offers? I interviewed at a firm whose hiring committee meets daily, and no word (Friday callback). does this mean I'm either in a "hold" pile or a "reject" pile?


Does anywhere actually snail mail ding? That just seems like an excessive form of torture...


McGuireWoods snail mail ding
BakerHostetler snail mail ding


What office of BakerHostleter? I don't have a way of getting my snail mail right now, so I'm probably sitting on rejection letters I don't know about. Sadface

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:has anyone gotten a snail mail ding?
and...how soon after callbacks do firms make offers? I interviewed at a firm whose hiring committee meets daily, and no word (Friday callback). does this mean I'm either in a "hold" pile or a "reject" pile?


Does anywhere actually snail mail ding? That just seems like an excessive form of torture...


McGuireWoods snail mail ding
BakerHostetler snail mail ding


What office of BakerHostleter? I don't have a way of getting my snail mail right now, so I'm probably sitting on rejection letters I don't know about. Sadface


DC

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Williams & Connolly cb


When? Phone/email? Interviewer?

? (bump)

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:52 am

Thank you classmates for being respectful and supportive. Good luck to you all!

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:57 am

bcg interview invite

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:41 am

Ropes interview was last Thursday... time to followup, or pointless?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Any S&C DC news? Do they ding by mail?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Paul Weiss NY ding.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Paul Weiss NY ding.


Was this after a callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Paul Weiss NY ding.


Was this after a callback?


Lol, no.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Anyone apply to BCG and not get an interview invite?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to BCG and not get an interview invite?


I'm pretty sure that there's a rebuttable presumption that you will move from the EIP screener to the 1st round. The real culling comes after the 1st round and and again after the final round decisions.

MBAs do not have an equivalent EIP screener, it's more of a way for BCG/McK to get a foot in the door and encourage law students to apply to their case interview process.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Sidley Chicago ding. Email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to BCG and not get an interview invite?


I'm pretty sure that there's a rebuttable presumption that you will move from the EIP screener to the 1st round. The real culling comes after the 1st round and and again after the final round decisions.

MBAs do not have an equivalent EIP screener, it's more of a way for BCG/McK to get a foot in the door and encourage law students to apply to their case interview process.

Not much prep time given for these interviews. Do they take 3ls post firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone apply to BCG and not get an interview invite?


I'm pretty sure that there's a rebuttable presumption that you will move from the EIP screener to the 1st round. The real culling comes after the 1st round and and again after the final round decisions.

MBAs do not have an equivalent EIP screener, it's more of a way for BCG/McK to get a foot in the door and encourage law students to apply to their case interview process.

Not much prep time given for these interviews. Do they take 3ls post firm?


Yeah if you want to really compete for the job, you have to start case prepping way before EIP starts. They do take 3Ls post firm. I'm less sure about the timing, but you should ping triptrip (who went to BCG for full-time during 3L recruiting after a summer with a firm).

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Should we expect anymore callbacks from last week at this point?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sidley Chicago ding. Email.


Did you have a callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Sidley Chicago ding. Email.


Did you have a callback?


No. But I've had several other firms do callbacks even as late as yesterday so I hadn't given up hope.

Anon9876

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anon9876 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Anyone heard from Jones Day DC? Total radio silence...

Anonymous User
Posts: 312961
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: HLS EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Paul Weiss NY offer, CB tues



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.