GW bidding list critique

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bananaphone

New

Re: GW bidding list critique

Postby bananaphone » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which firms those of us with less fortunate gpas (at median or slightly below) should try for if we have a couple spots left on the list?

Maybe Alston and Bird and whatever smaller firms are on the list this year.

Biglaw rarely has interest in GW candidates below 3.5.

I think the stat I've heard is that about 33%-50% of Thurgood Marshall Scholars receive an OCI Job and 60-75% of GW Law Scholars receive one. Rarely does anyone not in a scholar designation receive a biglaw offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:25 pm

^ I mean theres a good amount of firms if you look on the sheet GW career center hands out which have a 3.3 or under in their GPA range

bananaphone

New

Postby bananaphone » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:^ I mean theres a good amount of firms if you look on the sheet GW career center hands out which have a 3.3 or under in their GPA range

Yes but those people do not get callbacks.

You'll see that it ends up being the same 15 or so people at every callback.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:56 pm

bananaphone wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:^ I mean theres a good amount of firms if you look on the sheet GW career center hands out which have a 3.3 or under in their GPA range

Yes but those people do not get callbacks.

You'll see that it ends up being the same 15 or so people at every callback.

Yup. All GW students who aren't top of the class or CS/EE need to drastically lower expectations.

Gold

Postby 84651846190 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:50 pm

BlendedUnicorn wrote:*Ahem*

*steps up to mic*

*clears throat*

Please remember that anon is to protect people who want to disclose potentially outing information about themselves in regard to the topic of thread. It is not for shitting on your classmates for being too progressive for your taste.

Good luck with OCI. Keep it on topic. Come to the lounge if you want to be mocked for having bad opinions on issues you don't understand.

The lounge is full of irredeemable shitlibs. Don't ever go there. And if you do, make sure you watch your back. There are legit Antifa level fanatics there.

topgun400

New

Postby topgun400 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:03 am

Would someone post the PDF with the GPA ranges for those of us looking ahead?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Now that results are in - how do you think you did? As another GW student, I'm convinced bidding was a crapshoot. Got super high reaches for me and some of my low safeties just didn't select. Also would like to post results because GW doesn't have a ton of data points on this site.

bananaphone

New

Postby bananaphone » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm a rising 3L but results would be helpful for my mentees.

I've been seeing people get 5-6 screeners on average.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:19 pm

Posting Anon as to not out myself to friends. I think like above anon said, it was kind of a crapshoot. I ended up getting about 12 NYC screeners and 25 DC screeners. A ton, I felt, are out of my range based on the manual CSO provided. I'm annoyed to take that many, but even more afraid of striking out.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Now that results are in - how do you think you did? As another GW student, I'm convinced bidding was a crapshoot. Got super high reaches for me and some of my low safeties just didn't select. Also would like to post results because GW doesn't have a ton of data points on this site.

Posting Anon as to not out myself to friends. I think like above anon said, it was kind of a crapshoot. I ended up getting about 12 NYC screeners and 25 DC screeners. A ton, I felt, are out of my range based on the manual CSO provided. I'm annoyed to take that many, but even more afraid of striking out.

OP here. Same. It's a crap shot. Should have aggressively went for high range firms. 18 DC and 6 NYC. Lol I am in range (medium) for all my NY bids and got 1/3. Mass mailing now.

Return to “Legal Employment�