3L Job

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mikebx

New

3L Job

Postby mikebx » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:28 pm

I'm at a t50 school, above median grades. Struck out at oci. Working at a small firm right now for the summer but hoping to secure a full time position before graduation. What should I be doing? Is there any point in mass mailing big firms? I assume I should be targeting mid sized/small firms. When should I start sending letters?

mikebx

New

Re: 3L Job

Postby mikebx » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:37 pm

anyone?

UVA2B

Gold

Re: 3L Job

Postby UVA2B » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:02 pm

Do you have prospects at your current firm to be hired? That seems like your best in for a job currently. But if they're just your summer job, you should be networking, networking, networking with every firm in the market you want to be in. Getting hired by smaller firms will generally be about how well you put yourself out there and how well you can get your foot in the door. It's still going to be an up-hill climb because hiring at smaller firms is generally more idiosyncratic and less on a set schedule like the traditional big firm model. Just keep your head up, keep sending out feelers to firms that can/may be hiring, and scour every possible legal professional event you can for opportunities.

Return to “Legal Employment�