How is Covington LA for laterals?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 327241
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

How is Covington LA for laterals?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:07 pm

How is Covington LA for laterals? Lit.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327241
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How is Covington LA for laterals?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:02 pm

I know a couple of the litigation partners there from previous work I've done (sorry, don't want to out myself by being too specific) and really like them. Like, they are just super-solid, good people, who I think would be good to work with. I don't know much else about the office and don't know any associates there. But that was my reaction when I heard these couple of partners I know were both independently going there.

User avatar
PvblivsScipio

Bronze
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: How is Covington LA for laterals?

Postby PvblivsScipio » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:52 pm

I've heard from friends they're trying to establish a foothold in LA. Obviously, right now they're tiny, but if you've got the credentials they will consider you even if there isn't an immediate need. I think they will make a push in the next few years. Then again, they're not known as CovingTTTon for nothing.

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5659
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: How is Covington LA for laterals?

Postby rpupkin » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:55 pm

PvblivsScipio wrote:I've heard from friends they're trying to establish a foothold in LA. Obviously, right now they're tiny, but if you've got the credentials they will consider you even if there isn't an immediate need. I think they will make a push in the next few years. Then again, they're not known as CovingTTTon for nothing.

Convington gives you all the perks of working for a highly-ranked Vault firm without all the annoyances of market-matching compensation.

Anonymous User
Posts: 327241
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: How is Covington LA for laterals?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:56 am

rpupkin wrote:
PvblivsScipio wrote:I've heard from friends they're trying to establish a foothold in LA. Obviously, right now they're tiny, but if you've got the credentials they will consider you even if there isn't an immediate need. I think they will make a push in the next few years. Then again, they're not known as CovingTTTon for nothing.

Convington gives you all the perks of working for a highly-ranked Vault firm without all the annoyances of market-matching compensation.


I thought they paid market?

User avatar
PvblivsScipio

Bronze
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: How is Covington LA for laterals?

Postby PvblivsScipio » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
PvblivsScipio wrote:I've heard from friends they're trying to establish a foothold in LA. Obviously, right now they're tiny, but if you've got the credentials they will consider you even if there isn't an immediate need. I think they will make a push in the next few years. Then again, they're not known as CovingTTTon for nothing.

Convington gives you all the perks of working for a highly-ranked Vault firm without all the annoyances of market-matching compensation.


I thought they paid market?


Much to their partners' chagrin.

gchatbrah

Bronze
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:26 am

Re: How is Covington LA for laterals?

Postby gchatbrah » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:17 pm

I hear they're looking for M&A associates.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.