OTIP 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:00 am

We should get our pre-selects and alternates this week, and didn't see a thread yet, so here we go. Not sure what everyone wants to post, previous years threads are sparse. I think it would be helpful to post stats, what you bid on and what you got for others in this thread and for future.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:44 pm

I heard that Simpson(PA) already notified their pre-selects? Can anybody confirm that?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:34 am

Anyone know when pre-selects are posted? Has anyone received any information for Chicago or LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:02 pm

LA is up.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:23 pm

So is Chicago. Whats the chance of an alternate getting an interview?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm

SF is up. Seems that OTIP is less competitive than the Bay Area Diversity Fair.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:SF is up. Seems that OTIP is less competitive than the Bay Area Diversity Fair.


I assume it's because there are less schools participating in OTIP than BADF. Not to mention that the schools participating in OTIP are generally the top schools.

edit: Looked up the schools participating in OTIP and it's only GULC, NU, and UVA. Plus, in Chicago, only GULC and UVA are participating so it's even less competition.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:32 pm

Anyone have pending for Fenwick, Skadden, or Baker McKenzie (all SF)? Seems like some are getting accepted and others are just seeing pending. Why not flat out deny or mark as alternate?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone have pending for Fenwick, Skadden, or Baker McKenzie (all SF)? Seems like some are getting accepted and others are just seeing pending. Why not flat out deny or mark as alternate?

Got Skadden. Did not bid for the other two but knew other ppl who got Baker

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So is Chicago. Whats the chance of an alternate getting an interview?


This x 10000! Does anyone have any insight into how likely an alternate is to turn into an interview? Also, I'm guessing the status of alternate means that the firm was less interested in me than others?

And finally, I received bids from firms that weren't anywhere near my gpa's galaxy. Are my chances as legit as my fellow interviewers or is my interview just a time filler?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Does anyone know which Chicago hotel we will be interviewing at?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So is Chicago. Whats the chance of an alternate getting an interview?


This x 10000! Does anyone have any insight into how likely an alternate is to turn into an interview? Also, I'm guessing the status of alternate means that the firm was less interested in me than others?

And finally, I received bids from firms that weren't anywhere near my gpa's galaxy. Are my chances as legit as my fellow interviewers or is my interview just a time filler?


Maybe, but I mean they could have not invited you even as an alternate if they weren't at least a little bit interested.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which Chicago hotel we will be interviewing at?


Also would like to know this. The OTIP site is showing 2016 location information.

hala92

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby hala92 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which Chicago hotel we will be interviewing at?


Also would like to know this. The OTIP site is showing 2016 location information.


Th website has updated to 2017 now

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 pm

hala92 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which Chicago hotel we will be interviewing at?


Also would like to know this. The OTIP site is showing 2016 location information.


Th website has updated to 2017 now


So its at each firm's location?

hala92

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby hala92 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
hala92 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know which Chicago hotel we will be interviewing at?


Also would like to know this. The OTIP site is showing 2016 location information.


Th website has updated to 2017 now


So its at each firm's location?


Yes. I think so.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Does anyone know when will we be able to see interviewers in each firm?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Any idea when callbacks should start rolling out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any idea when callbacks should start rolling out?

Curious as well

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Any movement?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:58 am

Bay Area has definitely made callbacks, at least 5 firms. Has anyone heard from DPW Menlo Park or Simpson Palo Alto?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:09 am

What are the five firms?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 am

OTIP interview times are local time, right? (I.e. chicago interviews are in central time).

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:09 am

Anyone heared from Mofo PA/SF or Skadden PA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309354
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: OTIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:44 am

For Bay Area, I heard PH and Skadden have made CBs. Don't know about anywhere else.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.