T13 Transfer Bidlist

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

T13 Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:41 pm

I was accepted to Berkeley and would love advice and how to bid for EIW. I am coming from a TTT and was top 5% w/ invite to Law Review and Moot Court Board.

What should I put on my resume?

How should my status as a transfer play into my bidding strategy?

Aiming for Seattle and/or Bay Area.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Berkeley EIW for Transfer

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Milk the hell out of all accomplishments your 1L year. Everyone knows how difficult it can be to do well and transfer out, no matter the school.

Honestly OCS will be able to help you with resume advice. Have as many people as you can, review it.
You just list the school in education. You don't put transfer anywhere. Firms know the deal.

Anonymous User

Re: Berkeley EIW for Transfer

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:Milk the hell out of all accomplishments your 1L year. Everyone knows how difficult it can be to do well and transfer out, no matter the school.

Honestly OCS will be able to help you with resume advice. Have as many people as you can, review it.
You just list the school in education. You don't put transfer anywhere. Firms know the deal.

OP here: Thanks!

If I am interested in corporate transactional and open to either SF or Seattle. Do these firms seem w/in range considering my situation?

Fenwick
Wilson Sonsini
Cooley
Dorsey
Perkins
K&L Gates

Who else should I consider. Is there a cut off for how high I should aim?

Anonymous User

Re: T13 Transfer Bidlist

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Milk the hell out of all accomplishments your 1L year. Everyone knows how difficult it can be to do well and transfer out, no matter the school.

OP here: Thanks!

If I am interested in corporate transactional and open to either SF or Seattle. Do these firms seem w/in range considering my situation?

Fenwick
Wilson Sonsini
Cooley
Dorsey
Perkins
K&L Gates

Who else should I consider. Is there a cut off for how high I should aim?

Also bid on Gunderson, Goodwin Procter, and MoFo. Gunderson and Goodwin have strong start-up practices, and Gunderson has a top VC practice as well (I think more fund formation?). For more traditional, non-tech based corporate work, also bid on Latham, STB, GDC. There seems to be a strong Berkeley --> WSGR/Fenwick/Gunderson/Cooley/MoFo pipeline. WSGR/Fenwick/Gunderson tend to be less grade selective than Cooley. WSGR is huge so it seems they care a little less about fit than perhaps Fenwick/Gunderson. From what I hear, WSGR's launch program has junior corporate associates relatively satisfied with the quality of work, so I think they've done a lot to address the concerns that previous juniors voiced. MoFo has a solid tech trans practice, but they don't seem to service the same level of clients as the SV-based firms. Mofo should also be in your top five for bidding. Fenwick markets itself as having a good culture, and generally, I think their juniors are pretty happy.

Return to “Legal Employment�