WE for eventual PI job?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

WE for eventual PI job?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:16 am

Preface: I'm a 0L who's applying next cycle to matriculate in 2018. My full-time job just went away, and now I need something to do and earn money with until I start going to classes.

I'm wondering what sort of past work experience/general experiences that current PI attorneys may have found useful in their current gigs that I maybe should look into. The goal is to do something legitimately useful to someone hoping to be a PD in the PNW, as opposed to adding a resume boost. Really speaking, I'd be applying to schools immediately after I get my LSAT score back, so if I did something, I'd only have been in the role for 3 weeks, which I doubt would make any difference in an app. I just figure that if I can learn a skill or do something now that I may find useful in some years if all works out, then I should take this opportunity. Money/salary is important to help allay future debt, but not paramount.

elendinel

Silver

Re: WE for eventual PI job?

Postby elendinel » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:Preface: I'm a 0L

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=170603

The goal is to do something legitimately useful to someone hoping to be a PD in the PNW, as opposed to adding a resume boost.

... Money/salary is important to help allay future debt, but not paramount.

:lol:

Anonymous User

Re: WE for eventual PI job?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 am

elendinel wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Preface: I'm a 0L

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=170603/quote]

Well this is embarrassing. Thanks so much!

Return to “Legal Employment�