2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Has anyone heard anything after a CB with DPW DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:46 pm

PW ding earlier today, interviewed Thursday the 13th.

Anyone hear anything on Debevoise recently?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:37 pm

Anyone heard from Schulte?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:10 pm

Join the PW ding group. CB was on July 12.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Offers from Cleary and Davis Polk today. CCN, top 10%. Interviewed on Thursday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Kirkland or Latham?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or Latham?


Kirkland NYC offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:For those who have received offers, do you know if the firm checked your references? One firm I had a CB with did not ask for a list of references, so I'm wondering whether they can even extend an offer without them. Appreciate any info!


None of the firms I've received offers from have asked for references.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:For those who have received offers, do you know if the firm checked your references? One firm I had a CB with did not ask for a list of references, so I'm wondering whether they can even extend an offer without them. Appreciate any info!


None of the firms I've received offers from have asked for references.


same here. no writing sample requests either

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:40 pm

cleary NY offer as well, interview last week

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:cleary NY offer as well, interview last week

Stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:cleary NY offer as well, interview last week

Stats?


lower T13, top 15%

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
I suppose it's possible that you have an offer and the partner who is supposed to call just didn't get around to it.


This happened to me- the partner was on vacation and I had to wait around 2 weeks for the call (included the 4th of july tho)

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:41 pm

I just got back from The Law School Consortium in DC OCI. Had interviews with some firms. I would love to hear if anyone has heard back about callbacks. Or does anyone know what success people have had in the past?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:PW ding earlier today, interviewed Thursday the 13th.

Anyone hear anything on Debevoise recently?


Debevoise NY offer last week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or Latham?


Kirkland NYC offer


Latham LA offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or Latham?


Kirkland NYC offer


Latham LA offer


Latham NYC offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or Latham?


Kirkland NYC offer


Latham LA offer


Latham NYC offer


Stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or Latham?


Kirkland NYC offer


Latham LA offer


Latham NYC offer


Stats?


Latham NYC = Top 5% lower MVP

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:05 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Kirkland or Latham?


Kirkland NYC offer


Latham LA offer


Congrats! When was your callback? Would you mind sharing your stats?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just got back from The Law School Consortium in DC OCI. Had interviews with some firms. I would love to hear if anyone has heard back about callbacks. Or does anyone know what success people have had in the past?


akin gump cb

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am

Does anyone know the offer turnaround time for Akin NYC? The recruiter said two weeks but that seems like a long time

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 am

cb with PW on 7/14, and still haven't heard anything. A recruitment assistant mentioned to me that I should hear back in about a week. Anyone else in the same situation? Is this not a good sign?

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:08 am

PW NY Offer yesterday interviewed last week

Anonymous User
Posts: 314069
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:cb with PW on 7/14, and still haven't heard anything. A recruitment assistant mentioned to me that I should hear back in about a week. Anyone else in the same situation? Is this not a good sign?

I'm in the same situation. Not sure what to make of it. Some people who interviewed around that time have already reported getting dinged. I don't see why they would just trickle those out, so it seems like maybe no news is good news? not sure what the delay is all about though. any ideas?



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.