2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
lebongenre
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby lebongenre » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Accepted an invite to join a journal at my school. How long after the initial MM should I wait before sending an updated resume and general follow up?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Ropes & Gray Boston is doing callbacks, too.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:03 pm

lebongenre wrote:Accepted an invite to join a journal at my school. How long after the initial MM should I wait before sending an updated resume and general follow up?


A week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:51 pm

STB Palo Alto is doing callbacks

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:08 pm

any update on Paul Weiss?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:58 pm

Did you go to their open house?
Anonymous User wrote:STB Palo Alto is doing callbacks

User avatar
lebongenre
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:19 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby lebongenre » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
lebongenre wrote:Accepted an invite to join a journal at my school. How long after the initial MM should I wait before sending an updated resume and general follow up?


A week.

Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:any update on Paul Weiss?

Nope- just was on an email listserv from a 1L event, and reached out directly to recruiter w/ resume and transcript. 10% at CCN.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:42 am

/

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:55 pm

To the people who are getting screeners/callbacks/offers this year: Can you please specify where you go to school (at least in what city) and whether or not these firms come to your school's EIW/OCI?

I am in the top ~7% of my class at Fordham, on LR, and already submitted my bids for early interview week. Should I be contacting firms for screeners between now and then? Does it not seem odd considering they are coming to my school in a few weeks and I already sent them my materials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the people who are getting screeners/callbacks/offers this year: Can you please specify where you go to school (at least in what city) and whether or not these firms come to your school's EIW/OCI?

I am in the top ~7% of my class at Fordham, on LR, and already submitted my bids for early interview week. Should I be contacting firms for screeners between now and then? Does it not seem odd considering they are coming to my school in a few weeks and I already sent them my materials?


I am from outside NYC and have gotten several CBS in NYC (I'm here for the summer). Obviously it makes more sense to interview before OCI for people like me, but I don't think it's odd at all for you to reach out. Let them know you're in the city for the summer and would be happy to come in and interview prior to your EIW

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:To the people who are getting screeners/callbacks/offers this year: Can you please specify where you go to school (at least in what city) and whether or not these firms come to your school's EIW/OCI?

I am in the top ~7% of my class at Fordham, on LR, and already submitted my bids for early interview week. Should I be contacting firms for screeners between now and then? Does it not seem odd considering they are coming to my school in a few weeks and I already sent them my materials?


NYU here
Callbacks at Skadden (next week), Weil, Debevoise, no word on dings or offers yet - all three come to our OCI
I found that most firms I contacted are following (or at least say they're following) the NYU guidelines - no pre-OCI interviews. Seems like they make exceptions for people who have some sort of a previous relationship with the firm and possibly for super elite candidates. I did not get any of those callbacks through cold emailing, they all came through having some sort of "in" (networking, interviewing previously for a 1L position, etc).

It looks like Fordham's OCI starts on July 31, right? Others might disagree, but IMO it would probably just make sense to wait and see your schedule and then contact firms that you didn't get a slot for. And obviously contact firms you're interested in that don't come to Fordham's OCI.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:42 pm

GDC NY Offer. Top 5% mid-T14.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:GDC NY Offer. Top 5% mid-T14.


What school? Did you have any connections at GDC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:GDC NY Offer. Top 5% mid-T14.


Yes, please elaborate...I have high-ranking connections at GDC and was informed, categorically, that GDC does not give pre-OCI interviews/offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:44 pm

Any offers from Paul, Weiss yet? Did a callback earlier this week and had really good time, but no phone call yet...

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Latham NY is doing screeners for certain 1L diversity candidates as well

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Latham NY is doing screeners for certain 1L diversity candidates as well


They are doing callbacks as well

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:07 pm

Latham and Skadden in LA are doing callbacks. Not sure about offers.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Debevoise NY offer as well

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:GDC NY Offer. Top 5% mid-T14.


Yes, please elaborate...I have high-ranking connections at GDC and was informed, categorically, that GDC does not give pre-OCI interviews/offers.


Different person than OP but I also have a pre-OCI interview with them. So I'd venture to guess that your high-ranking connection is wrong

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:GDC NY Offer. Top 5% mid-T14.


Yes, please elaborate...I have high-ranking connections at GDC and was informed, categorically, that GDC does not give pre-OCI interviews/offers.


Different person than OP but I also have a pre-OCI interview with them. So I'd venture to guess that your high-ranking connection is wrong


OP here. Not sure what to elaborate on...they offered me an SA position after an interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:Debevoise NY offer as well


When was your callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:39 am

Anonymous User wrote:
OP here. Not sure what to elaborate on...they offered me an SA position after an interview.


Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:GDC NY Offer. Top 5% mid-T14.


What school? Did you have any connections at GDC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 298252
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 Pre-OCI Interviews

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Debevoise NY offer as well


When was your callback?


I heard within a week of the callback




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.