Leave GPA off resume for OCI bidding?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Leave GPA off resume for OCI bidding?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 pm

About to submit my bids for OCI but I have one outstanding grade for a class worth a bunch of units. Prof is grading the paper, but I've gone over it with her and she said it's really good. So I'm assuming it will boost my gpa. I'm currently at a 3.19, but with an A in this class I'll be around a 3.26 (still below median). Should I leave gpa off my resume, but update them during OCI, or just leave it on there? Im at a T-20 with 30% pre-select. The rest of my resume is pretty solid with a couple "prestigious" internships. Thanks for any inputs.

pancakes3

Platinum

Re: Leave GPA off resume for OCI bidding?

Postby pancakes3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:About to submit my bids for OCI but I have one outstanding grade for a class worth a bunch of units. Prof is grading the paper, but I've gone over it with her and she said it's really good. So I'm assuming it will boost my gpa. I'm currently at a 3.19, but with an A in this class I'll be around a 3.26 (still below median). Should I leave gpa off my resume, but update them during OCI, or just leave it on there? Im at a T-20 with 30% pre-select. The rest of my resume is pretty solid with a couple "prestigious" internships. Thanks for any inputs.

when's the grade expected to come in and when do you have to submit your bids?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:56 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:About to submit my bids for OCI but I have one outstanding grade for a class worth a bunch of units. Prof is grading the paper, but I've gone over it with her and she said it's really good. So I'm assuming it will boost my gpa. I'm currently at a 3.19, but with an A in this class I'll be around a 3.26 (still below median). Should I leave gpa off my resume, but update them during OCI, or just leave it on there? Im at a T-20 with 30% pre-select. The rest of my resume is pretty solid with a couple "prestigious" internships. Thanks for any inputs.

OP here, that's the problem. Bidding deadline is in 2 days, but grade isn't due until early July. There is a chance I'll get it by then, but it's unlikely.

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:

OP here, that's the problem. Bidding deadline is in 2 days, but grade isn't due until early July. There is a chance I'll get it by then, but it's unlikely.

personally, i'd email the prof unless the prof has a reputation for being a hardass. if you don't want to email the prof, i'd email your career services and see how they handle updating resumes. the bidding deadline may be in 2 days but that might be a hard deadline.

BulletTooth

Bronze

Postby BulletTooth » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:20 pm

3.19 from a T20 is not horrendous. I would just put it on the resume and roll with it--update when you get the new grade. Omitting it would your GPA up to the imagination of the screener, and my bet is that they would imagine something much worse than a 3.19. They would also probably ask you about, so you'll end up telling them anyway.

jkpolk

Silver

Postby jkpolk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm

Leave it off

Lesion of Doom

New

Postby Lesion of Doom » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:52 pm

BulletTooth wrote:

3.19 from a T20 is not horrendous. I would just put it on the resume and roll with it--update when you get the new grade. Omitting it would your GPA up to the imagination of the screener, and my bet is that they would imagine something much worse than a 3.19. They would also probably ask you about, so you'll end up telling them anyway.

Agreed. Omitting your resume is the equivalent of selling your house "as is." Everyone will assume the worst.

Return to “Legal Employment�