Harrassment in the workplace Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Harrassment in the workplace

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:52 am

What does a guy do when female superiors make sexual advances in the workplace? I have turned down the advances and made my lack of physical interest clear, but the overt advances haven't stopped. I don't want to be a jerk, and I have no intention of going to HR, but I want to make sure that this doesn't somehow come back to bite me in the ass. Any advice? Just keep a record of my interactions? Any advice is appreciated.

pml87

New

Re: Harrassment in the workplace

Post by pml87 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What does a guy do when female superiors make sexual advances in the workplace? I have turned down the advances and made my lack of physical interest clear, but the overt advances haven't stopped. I don't want to be a jerk, and I have no intention of going to HR, but I want to make sure that this doesn't somehow come back to bite me in the ass. Any advice? Just keep a record of my interactions? Any advice is appreciated.
NOT INTENDED TO BE LEGAL ADVICE: make sure to documents everything! Write down every interactions you had with the supervisors on the same day that they happen, also write down every communications you made to other employee/managers/friends regarding your encounters with said supervisors. When shit hits the fan, having a good records save you from a lot of pain and grief. Finally, talk to an employment attorney who specializes in harassment.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:47 pm

Definitely document everything including any communication w/ HR or other supervisors.

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What does a guy do when female superiors make sexual advances in the workplace? I have turned down the advances and made my lack of physical interest clear, but the overt advances haven't stopped. I don't want to be a jerk, and I have no intention of going to HR, but I want to make sure that this doesn't somehow come back to bite me in the ass. Any advice? Just keep a record of my interactions? Any advice is appreciated.
SPILL ALL THE JUICY DETAILS

This isn't why we have anon posting.

SowhatsNU

Bronze

Post by SowhatsNU » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:04 am

SowhatsNU wrote:

This isn't why we have anon posting.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”