Lavender Law Job Fair 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Lavender Law Job Fair 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The point of a place like LavLaw is for LGBTQ people who otherwise do not have the same privileges that you do (male hetero anon) to be in an environment where their differences are celebrated. It is assumed that the students who go there identify on the non-hetero spectrum of sexuality. For you to show up in a space like that is unfair. It is exactly what so many people are always talking about, people with a certain privilege taking up space in an environment specifically created to prevent that. Think about all the other places you could go to, why take up space even as an ally?

Anon here. Take up space? Unfair? People with a certain privilege? You know, there is such a thing as reverse discrimination. I don't care what your job fair is aimed at, to expect that it's unfair for others to attend is ridiculous. The inclusion of me an other straight people at the job fair only helps bridge any inherent unfairness - not promote it.

lawdawg4

New

Postby lawdawg4 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The point of a place like LavLaw is for LGBTQ people who otherwise do not have the same privileges that you do (male hetero anon) to be in an environment where their differences are celebrated. It is assumed that the students who go there identify on the non-hetero spectrum of sexuality. For you to show up in a space like that is unfair. It is exactly what so many people are always talking about, people with a certain privilege taking up space in an environment specifically created to prevent that. Think about all the other places you could go to, why take up space even as an ally?

Anon here. Take up space? Unfair? People with a certain privilege? You know, there is such a thing as reverse discrimination. I don't care what your job fair is aimed at, to expect that it's unfair for others to attend is ridiculous. The inclusion of me an other straight people at the job fair only helps bridge any inherent unfairness - not promote it.

Sure, Jan.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

"reverse discrimination." Don't even know where to begin with this one. Take some time to educate yourself, anon. I'm done here.

Return to “Legal Employment�