3L Job Search

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L Job Search

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:30 pm

I'm a rising 3L at T1 (40-50 range). I just made it above median for the first time. Working at a small business lit firm over the summer. When I went to interview for the summer position I was told that there's a possibility that this could turn into an associate position. I'm not 100% sure I would want to work here or if it's even the area of law I would like to practice.

I'm interested in transactional/immigration/govt work. I know these are all different and by now I should know what I want to do but am still uncertain. I have experiences doing immigration/business lit but no transactional/govt experience. As someone who is barely above median at a t1, am I even in a position to choose or should I just be happy that I have a job which might turn into a real job. What should I be doing now to have a job lined up by graduation or earlier?

Return to “Legal Employment�