Stay or go?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Stay or go?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:55 am

Barely above median 2L from a t50 working at a small business lit firm for the summer. I've got a decent feeling that they'll offer me a job but nothing is certain as of yet. I'm not 100% sure that I want to do litigation though or even business law. I am however 100% certain that I want a job. Should I just stay at the firm during the school year and hope that they offer me a job or apply for other clerk positions for the school year at transactional firms and hope that something turns into a job. If I start working here, how long do I have to be able to switch to transactional work or some other field all together.

Vincent Adultman

Silver

Re: Stay or go?

Postby Vincent Adultman » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:33 am

Median at a t50ers can't be choosers. You can always keep applying while you're working there. But I wouldn't give up a good thing in your spot.

Anonymous User

Re: Stay or go?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Okay, that's what I was thinking. Thanks

Return to “Legal Employment�