Downside of mass mailing firms before OCI

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Downside of mass mailing firms before OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:50 pm

By mass mailing the firms that come to OCI, they will see my grades prior to OCI.

I consider it an advantage that during OCI interviewers won't see my grades until the interview is finished. But by mass mailing, I will be giving away my GPA, so I will lose this advantage.

In that case, should I only focus on firms that won't come to our school OCI? Or should I mass mail all the firms regardless?

BG about me: T13, around median grades.

Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Downside of mass mailing firms before OCI

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Bumping this

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Bumping this

I've been doing something like this and have had a few interviews and callbacks. I have had success reaching out to alumni (LS and UG) and having them pass along my resume after a phone or in-person conversation, which has then led to another meeting/interview. They do ask for transcripts after that though, but I've been able to hold off until I have an initial meeting.

It seems to be fine, and if nothing else, I'll know my grades don't make the cut when OCI comes around, so I can save the bid for another firm. I figure if we get to the "you seem cool, lets see your grades", you've functionally achieved the same result the OCI bidding process provides.

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:22 pm

so don't do it. nobody is making you mm.

Return to “Legal Employment�