Question re: Response to Mass Mail

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
springer1305

Question re: Response to Mass Mail

Postby springer1305 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Last edited by springer1305 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vincent Adultman

Re: Question re: Response to Mass Mail

Postby Vincent Adultman » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Why would you decline the opportunity to meet people at the firm and demonstrate your qualities if you are interested in working there?

IExistedOnceBefore

Postby IExistedOnceBefore » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:18 pm

springer1305 wrote:Just finished 1L, sent out a mass mail in advance of OCI, hoping to land an interview before the process started.
One firm emailed back offering the opportunity to do a mock interview. Is this something I *should* accept/is it important that I do this if I'm interested in said firm? If not, how could I politely decline?

Mock interviews can turn into offers. Of course you do it.

springer1305

Postby springer1305 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:19 pm

Last edited by springer1305 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IExistedOnceBefore

Postby IExistedOnceBefore » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:24 pm

springer1305 wrote:It would require me to miss at least one day of work, and pay travel expenses.

Should've added in that initial post.

You emailed them didn't you? Don't email people if you won't be able to go when they respond with an interview. You asked. They gave. Follow through.

UVA2B

Postby UVA2B » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:26 pm

springer1305 wrote:It would require me to miss at least one day of work, and pay travel expenses.

Should've added in that initial post.

Are you currently in a job where you're also trying to get an offer? If so, you should tread very carefully about flying off to do interviews. But if you're just working for a non-profit, judge, or someone else who isn't going to hire you, let them know you have an interview you need to go on, foot the bill, kill the mock interview, and pray they give you an offer. Best case is you come out of it with an offer. Worst case is you get on their radar early for when hiring rolls around for them. The only loss would be a few hundred bucks (that they could potentially reimburse if they end up offering you a job).

Return to “Legal Employment”