Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Honors Programs 2017-2018 (Non-DOJ)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:08 pm

Is everybody convinced that tomorrow is the day DOL DC offers will go out? If someone got a reference request yesterday it seems likely...I just sure hope not...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone get reference requests yet for DOL?! I haven't and I'm starting to get pretty nervous....
I got an email from DOL requesting references this morning. I had also gotten the "active consideration" email a few weeks ago.
Did you rank any of the regional offices as your first choice? I understand if you don't feel comfortable answering. I'm just curious whether that has to do with why you've got the reference request and no one else on here seems to have.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Do you mean IRS OCC?

Has anyone been extended an offer to any of the IRS northeast regional offices? (I interviewed for a regional office on a resume collection).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard about second round interviews with NOAA, yet?

when were the 1st round interviews?

I believe today was the last day of first round interviews. I had a first round interview last week and was told second round offers would be extended very soon. Second round interviews will also be virtual, there was no mention of a third round. They only have two positions, and hope to make tentative offers by the end of December.
Thanks! Good luck

Thank you for the reply! I had a first round interview last week as well. Hopefully we both hear back soon.

Thank being said, my interviewers mentioned there may be a third round of interviewing. They seemed unsure. I was also told that there could be 1-3 offers, hopefully extended by the end of December.

Any word yet on second round interviews with NOAA?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard about second round interviews with NOAA, yet?

I believe today was the last day of first round interviews. I had a first round interview last week and was told second round offers would be extended very soon. Second round interviews will also be virtual, there was no mention of a third round. They only have two positions, and hope to make tentative offers by the end of December.
Thanks! Good luck

Thank you for the reply! I had a first round interview last week as well. Hopefully we both hear back soon.

Thank being said, my interviewers mentioned there may be a third round of interviewing. They seemed unsure. I was also told that there could be 1-3 offers, hopefully extended by the end of December.

I'm the third anon from this nested thread. Haven't heard anything. My first round interviewers said second round ought to be the second and/or third weeks of December, so seems like either I'm off the list and they haven't told me yet, or they are behind where they thought they would be. I will post here if and when I hear anything, good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Received an informal DOL DC offer (will be formal when HR sends a letter) today after a request for references earlier this week and, before then, a continued interest email

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received an informal DOL DC offer (will be formal when HR sends a letter) today after a request for references earlier this week and, before then, a continued interest email
Was it via phone call?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks! Good luck

I'm the third anon from this nested thread. Haven't heard anything. My first round interviewers said second round ought to be the second and/or third weeks of December, so seems like either I'm off the list and they haven't told me yet, or they are behind where they thought they would be. I will post here if and when I hear anything, good luck!
Here's to hoping they're just behind. I will post if I hear anything as well. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Received an informal DOL DC offer (will be formal when HR sends a letter) today after a request for references earlier this week and, before then, a continued interest email
Ok so if we haven't had our references requested we're definitely screwed then, huh? Siiiiiiiiiigggghhhhh

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi guys (new anon here),

NOAA: I interviewed for the first round the last week of November, and received an email last week (friday) from the staff who interviewed me saying that they will be making decisions regarding the next round 'shortly'. I don't know if they sent out updates to all - maybe depends on who interviewed you. W/r/t this update, I am not sure if this means that the time has passed and second round notices have been sent earlier this week and we are out of luck, or that they are still behind schedule (hoping for the latter!). Anyways, I'll update if I hear anything, good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:38 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Was it via phone call?
I am in the same boat and would like to know whether your reference requests/offer came via telephone call or email.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hi guys (new anon here),

NOAA: I interviewed for the first round the last week of November, and received an email last week (friday) from the staff who interviewed me saying that they will be making decisions regarding the next round 'shortly'. I don't know if they sent out updates to all - maybe depends on who interviewed you. W/r/t this update, I am not sure if this means that the time has passed and second round notices have been sent earlier this week and we are out of luck, or that they are still behind schedule (hoping for the latter!). Anyways, I'll update if I hear anything, good luck!
Thank you for the information. I haven't received an update, so that may be good news for you! Hopefully they're just behind schedule, as it seems many agencies are this year. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Do you mean IRS OCC?

Has anyone been extended an offer to any of the IRS northeast regional offices? (I interviewed for a regional office on a resume collection).
Also interviewed on a resume collection, and received an offer a while back.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:47 pm

Anybody know much about the USPS honors attorney program, or more generally what it's like to work as legal counsel at USPS? I have an interview coming up and know very little outside of what was offered in the ad.

Asken

New

Post by Asken » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Do you mean IRS OCC?

Also interviewed on a resume collection, and received an offer a while back.

Please PM me

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:29 pm

How did they relay the offer to you (phone/email/snail-mail)? How long did they say you had to accept or reject? Was the national office your first choice?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:21 pm

has anyone heard from DOT? Had an interview end of October and heard nothing

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:00 pm

So we have one person on here with reference requests and an offer?

Edit: referring to DOL

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
How did they relay the offer to you (phone/email/snail-mail)? How long did they say you had to accept or reject? Was the national office your first choice?
I don't feel comfortable saying too much but the reference request was by email and the offer by phone. The national office was my first choice.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I don't feel comfortable saying too much but the reference request was by email and the offer by phone. The national office was my first choice.
That's fair. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:52 pm

So is it safe to assume at this point that if we haven't heard from DOL DC it means we're alternates? Follow-up question: do they typically do all of the reference requests/offers at once for the first round of offers? We have one person on here with an offer - does that mean there are likely 9 others who just aren't posting?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So is it safe to assume at this point that if we haven't heard from DOL DC it means we're alternates? Follow-up question: do they typically do all of the reference requests/offers at once for the first round of offers? We have one person on here with an offer - does that mean there are likely 9 others who just aren't posting?
I don't think regional interview requests have been sent out. Thus, there are probably only 4-6 offers out.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:So is it safe to assume at this point that if we haven't heard from DOL DC it means we're alternates? Follow-up question: do they typically do all of the reference requests/offers at once for the first round of offers? We have one person on here with an offer - does that mean there are likely 9 others who just aren't posting?
I don't think regional interview requests have been sent out. Thus, there are probably only 4-6 offers out.
Where did you get this 4-6 number from? I guess it's still not a good sign for those of us who haven't had our references requested...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Where did you get this 4-6 number from? I guess it's still not a good sign for those of us who haven't had our references requested...
Speculation: There are four offices hiring (one national and three regional). There are a maximum of ten new hires. A vast majority of the positions are for the national office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Speculation: There are four offices hiring (one national and three regional). There are a maximum of ten new hires. A vast majority of the positions are for the national office.
I heard there are 10 for DC alone, and that the regionals were an extra 3. I did not hear that DC was only hiring 4-6.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”