DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was just named a finalist for OCAHO in EOIR. Anyone else?


I was also named as a finalist.


Were your references checked?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was just named a finalist for OCAHO in EOIR. Anyone else?


I was also named as a finalist.


Did they check your references already?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was just named a finalist for OCAHO in EOIR. Anyone else?


I was also named as a finalist.


Did they check your references already?


No, my references have not been checked. Yours?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was just named a finalist for OCAHO in EOIR. Anyone else?


I was also named as a finalist.


Did they check your references already?


No, my references have not been checked. Yours?


Nope they haven't checked mine either. Hey maybe we're the only 2!!

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was just named a finalist for OCAHO in EOIR. Anyone else?


I was also named as a finalist.


Did they check your references already?


No, my references have not been checked. Yours?


Nope they haven't checked mine either. Hey maybe we're the only 2!!


Do you know how many positions they are hiring for?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was just named a finalist for OCAHO in EOIR. Anyone else?


I was also named as a finalist.


Did they check your references already?


No, my references have not been checked. Yours?


Nope they haven't checked mine either. Hey maybe we're the only 2!!


Do you know how many positions they are hiring for?


No clue. I didn't ask and I wouldn't know where to look to find that out.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I was just named a finalist for OCAHO in EOIR. Anyone else?


I was also named as a finalist.


Did they check your references already?


No, my references have not been checked. Yours?


Nope they haven't checked mine either. Hey maybe we're the only 2!!


Do you know how many positions they are hiring for?


I thought just 1, honestly. But I could be wrong.

patientlyimpatient
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby patientlyimpatient » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Do you know how many positions they are hiring for?

I thought just 1, honestly. But I could be wrong.

The answer is 1.

https://www.justice.gov/legal-careers/honors-program-participating-components

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:04 pm

There are three of us—finalists for OCAHO—but one position.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There are three of us—finalists for OCAHO—but one position.



Here's hoping there's only 3 of us.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:There are three of us—finalists for OCAHO—but one position.



Here's hoping there's only 3 of us.


Agreed. Please post if references are contacted!

SoverignImmunity
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:46 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby SoverignImmunity » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just became a Commercial Litigation Finalist. All references were checked like three weeks ago, employer has not been checked.


I'm this poster - wanted to follow up. Just got an offer from Commercial Litigation. Will be accepting the offer by Monday unless something crazy happens. I'll update when I do. Thanks!


Wanted to update - I've accepted the offer. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone an EOIR-OGC finalist yet? Is there any sense of what chances are of being offered the job if someone has been named a finalist for that subdivision specifically? Also if someone has been named a finalist, have their references been checked already?


Haven’t had references checked.



How many of us do you reckon there are?


I think it may just be 2-3, on here it seems to only be 2. But there’s only 1 position -___-‘

Is this the only component your a finalist for?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone an EOIR-OGC finalist yet? Is there any sense of what chances are of being offered the job if someone has been named a finalist for that subdivision specifically? Also if someone has been named a finalist, have their references been checked already?


Haven’t had references checked.



How many of us do you reckon there are?


I think it may just be 2-3, on here it seems to only be 2. But there’s only 1 position -___-‘

Is this the only component your a finalist for?



No I'm a finalist for a few. Why?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:01 am

Ready for another anxious week?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:56 am

Anonymous User wrote:Ready for another anxious week?


And this week is shorter because of the holiday so hopefully most offers will come out before Thanksgiving. The Avue post from Deana did say that they would like to get most people cleared for offers before the holiday so we will see.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:35 am

Accepted Civil - Commercial Litigation this morning. (I'm not either of the two anons who posted on Friday.)

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am

As usual please post if you receive an offer or references are checked etc. Would love to see more movement before the holiday I don't think I can handle the long weekend without knowing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Accepted Civil - Commercial Litigation this morning. (I'm not either of the two anons who posted on Friday.)


Congrats! I guess you are the last Comm Lit acceptance since they were only hiring 3.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:25 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Accepted Civil - Commercial Litigation this morning. (I'm not either of the two anons who posted on Friday.)


Congrats! I guess you are the last Comm Lit acceptance since they were only hiring 3.


Did you accept with a particular section? Or just generally into CLB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just became a Commercial Litigation Finalist. All references were checked like three weeks ago, employer has not been checked.


I'm this poster - wanted to follow up. Just got an offer from Commercial Litigation. Will be accepting the offer by Monday unless something crazy happens. I'll update when I do. Thanks!


I am the other individual who received an offer from Comm Lit and will likely be accepting. We should connect! and Congrats!



^same Anon here. I did officially accept my offer from CLB this morning. Thanks! good luck everyone

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:41 am

Did anyone following this board interview for EOIR (BIA)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Accepted Civil - Commercial Litigation this morning. (I'm not either of the two anons who posted on Friday.)


Congrats! I guess you are the last Comm Lit acceptance since they were only hiring 3.


Did you accept with a particular section? Or just generally into CLB?


The latter. AFAIK they don't make offers for particular sections.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Where are all the offers? I feel like I haven't seen anyone post that they received an offer in a while or only very few. Also, no one has posted about their references being checked recently either.

Anonymous User
Posts: 302729
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: DOJ Honors Program 2017-18

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Accepted Civil - Commercial Litigation this morning. (I'm not either of the two anons who posted on Friday.)


Congrats! I guess you are the last Comm Lit acceptance since they were only hiring 3.


Did you accept with a particular section? Or just generally into CLB?


The latter. AFAIK they don't make offers for particular sections.


Thanks! Just curious, when did you receive your offer? It looks like CLB had at least 2 or 3 alternates :(




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.