SA Fired from Skadden Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SA Fired from Skadden

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:24 pm

August Wilson wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:As a JD DC associate, how the hell did I not hear about this? smh...
dat black box.
Can't even verify because half of the summers in that office were scheduled to leave at the end of last week anyway...

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:46 am

favabeansoup wrote:How do people consistently get all the way to law school and a biglaw SA and still not know basic social norms like not to get obliterated at work events or to sexually harass coworkers?

Consistently. Every year people are like this and it just never ceases to amaze me people got this far in life with behaviors like that.

Makes for some good laughs though
I agree in general, but people also judge too harshly. There are a lot of high functioning alcoholics in the profession (even starting in law school) who can present as pretty normal and smart and effective but have some very dark moments (and have trouble controlling substance abuse in public).

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
El Pollito wrote:why are those in the same sentence
and why is talking shit the first thing mentioned.
"Turns out that misplaced commas in documents and threatening to murder the hiring partner are not well tolerated"

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:51 pm

star fox wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
El Pollito wrote:why are those in the same sentence
and why is talking shit the first thing mentioned.
"Turns out that misplaced commas in documents and threatening to murder the hiring partner are not well tolerated"
:lol:

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:08 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
favabeansoup wrote:How do people consistently get all the way to law school and a biglaw SA and still not know basic social norms like not to get obliterated at work events or to sexually harass coworkers?

Consistently. Every year people are like this and it just never ceases to amaze me people got this far in life with behaviors like that.

I agree in general, but people also judge too harshly. There are a lot of high functioning alcoholics in the profession (even starting in law school) who can present as pretty normal and smart and effective but have some very dark moments (and have trouble controlling substance abuse in public).
Yep.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawlorbust

Bronze

Post by lawlorbust » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:34 pm

jbagelboy wrote:

I don't disagree with the gist of this, but alcoholism (as much of a problem it is) by itself doesn't explain a fraction of the antisocial behavior you see in biglaw.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Post by Winter is Coming » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:42 am

jbagelboy wrote:

This.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:28 am

Winter is Coming wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:

This.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:08 pm

The Jones Day Houston SA quit because she was unhappy with them. But she split her summer.

Unsure about what she did exactly..but it was not enough to fire her.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The Jones Day Houston SA quit because she was unhappy with them. But she split her summer.

Unsure about what she did exactly..but it was not enough to fire her.
Given that you're the same anon who posted the rumor about the firing to begin with, im going to go ahead and shut this thread down. ATL can take the lead on unsubstantiated summer gossip for the rest of the year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”