Mass Mailing Michigan

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
tigerinboston

New

Mass Mailing Michigan

Postby tigerinboston » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:03 pm

When should I start mass mailing firms in Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan? Is it ASAP, or should I wait until July? My school doesn't release journal membership until the end of June; should I wait until then?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass Mailing Michigan

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Are you at a law school in Michigan, or out of state? Are you working this summer in Michigan, or out of state?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:30 pm

tigerinboston wrote:When should I start mass mailing firms in Detroit and Grand Rapids, Michigan? Is it ASAP, or should I wait until July? My school doesn't release journal membership until the end of June; should I wait until then?

Bodman/Honigman will interview right around August 1st, so probably before July 15, maybe July 1

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:14 pm

My experience with MI is that this first depends who comes to your OCI. Honigman, Miller Johnson, Foster Swift , Clark Hill seem to follow OCI pretty stringently.

I would recommend mass mailing early to Varnum, Warner Norcross, Bodman, Dykema, and Dickinson (of course it doesn't hurt to massmail early anyways. worst they can say is "see us at OCI"). It's really a personal preference when to massmail. I'd get all your stuff/cover letters written to blast them away right when you get journal results.

Return to “Legal Employment�