big law in hk

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

big law in hk

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:47 am

does anyone have any experience starting in HK? I am actually interested in knowing how should i approach firms in Hk. Im from T20, slightly below median, and passed NY bar. It feels like its impossible, ive been sending out alot of resume, and nth comes back. Any advice is welcome. Thanks

TheoO

Silver

Re: big law in hk

Postby TheoO » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:19 pm

Biglaw in HK is still pretty grade/law school conscious, barring some other value you can bring (like native Mandarin maybe, prior legal experience in China. But even then, I imagine that there are enough native Mandarin speakers in the T14 to fulfill that need to a good level, though I do know someone who got an interview with a biglaw firm's Beijing office with meh grades at a T50). If your grades don't make you competitive for biglaw in the US (and below median at a T20 is not particularly competitive for biglaw), then it's not going to be much different in HK.

Return to “Legal Employment�