Realistic Firms to Mass Mail -- T2 top 5%

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Realistic Firms to Mass Mail -- T2 top 5%

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:16 pm

I will probably mass mail to a lot of big firms to try and cover my options, but what should I realistically be expecting? Top 3% at 50-55, 3.82 GPA. Is NYC a possibility? (non-NYC school). I don't want to sell myself short, but I also want to make sure I'm realistic and aiming and marketing jobs that I have a chance at. I heavily prefer litigation.

favabeansoup

Bronze

Re: Realistic Firms to Mass Mail -- T2 top 5%

Postby favabeansoup » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I will probably mass mail to a lot of big firms to try and cover my options, but what should I realistically be expecting? Top 3% at 50-55, 3.82 GPA. Is NYC a possibility? (non-NYC school). I don't want to sell myself short, but I also want to make sure I'm realistic and aiming and marketing jobs that I have a chance at. I heavily prefer litigation.

Depends on the school and market it is in. NYC is sure a possibility, but definitely not guaranteed.

If you were at Baylor or UH (example schools in that range), I would say top 3% would be very likely to get something biglaw in Texas, but maybe not so much elsewhere.

Return to “Legal Employment�