Chicago market Mass Mailing

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chicago market Mass Mailing

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:52 pm

Whats the consensus on mass mailing Chicago firms? It seems like the pre-OCI madness is big in other markets, but not necessarily in Chicago. Is Chicago more about networking to get July CBs, or have others had success with sending mass mail to firms?

I am wondering because I am an NU student and I'm trying to put together a good strategy for getting a call back in Chicago before OCI. I have pretty good grades and I don't want to do anything that makes an OCI offer less likely if thats the preferred hiring method for a firm's Chicago office.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: Chicago market Mass Mailing

Postby trebekismyhero » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Whats the consensus on mass mailing Chicago firms? It seems like the pre-OCI madness is big in other markets, but not necessarily in Chicago. Is Chicago more about networking to get July CBs, or have others had success with sending mass mail to firms?

I am wondering because I am an NU student and I'm trying to put together a good strategy for getting a call back in Chicago before OCI. I have pretty good grades and I don't want to do anything that makes an OCI offer less likely if thats the preferred hiring method for a firm's Chicago office.

I would make sure to go to all the firm summer events. If NU does mock interviews at the firms then I would use those to target firms you are interested. It does seem like the pre-oci thing is not really happening much in Chicago. But you can still have some CBs lined up before OCI.

Vincent Adultman

Silver

Re: Chicago market Mass Mailing

Postby Vincent Adultman » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:30 pm

I've had friends arrange pre-OCI callbacks here, even if it's not as big of a thing. No harm trying.

Return to “Legal Employment�