Columbia EIP 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Anyone heard from Cleary NY, DPW NY or GDC NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from Cleary NY, DPW NY or GDC NY?


Interviewed with Cleary and GDC yesterday and also have not heard anything yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Interviewed yesterday, received Cleary NY callback this afternoon (DM)

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:37 pm

.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:54 pm

GDC callback AF/RO

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Anyone know how much the interviewer matters?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:17 pm

Schulte CB (JD)

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:20 pm

Sidley CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Possibly a (very) dumb question, but what does it mean if a firm invites you to a "callback reception" without having actually given you a callback yet? I'm just a little confused about why they wouldn't have sent a callback email simultaneously.

User avatar
RSN

Silver
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby RSN » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how much the interviewer matters?

Matters how? If you're asking if like different interviewers for the same firm will do their callback invites at different times, the answer is yes for some firms but not all.

Anonymous User wrote:Possibly a (very) dumb question, but what does it mean if a firm invites you to a "callback reception" without having actually given you a callback yet? I'm just a little confused about why they wouldn't have sent a callback email simultaneously.

Honestly probably means their recruiting staff are kind of disorganized, and/or your interviewer submitted their list but hasn't made calls yet because they're dealing with a fire drill or had something else come up. I would probably assume you have a callback and they'll schedule it soon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sidley CB


Congrats! Interviewer initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:26 pm

So when's the time to start panicking a bit if you're over halfway through your schedule and haven't heard a lot of news?

documentingtransfer

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby documentingtransfer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:So when's the time to start panicking a bit if you're over halfway through your schedule and haven't heard a lot of news?


Hopefully not for a few days. I still haven't heard back from any of my interviews, but all of the firms have been DC. I'm crossing my fingers that the delay isn't anything to worry about. As an aside, my symplicity resume was submitted with a typo... so at least you don't have to stress about anything like that. I'm sure you'll hear back soon.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Did anyone hear from STB (KK) or Cleary (DP)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Davis Polk CB
Clifford Chance CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Davis Polk CB

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Davis Polk CB
Clifford Chance CB

Can you share the initials of your interviewers?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Davis Polk CB

Did these DPW callbacks just happened?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:35 pm

DPW CB (FB) via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Davis Polk CB

Did these DPW callbacks just happened?


Yeah, by email. Do they all go out at the same time? interview initials please.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Davis Polk CB

Did these DPW callbacks just happened?


Yeah, by email. Do they all go out at the same time? interview initials please.


GR

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Davis Polk CB

Did these DPW callbacks just happened?


Yeah, by email. Do they all go out at the same time? interview initials please.


GR


BC

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:57 am

RSN wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know how much the interviewer matters?

Matters how? If you're asking if like different interviewers for the same firm will do their callback invites at different times, the answer is yes for some firms but not all.

Anonymous User wrote:Possibly a (very) dumb question, but what does it mean if a firm invites you to a "callback reception" without having actually given you a callback yet? I'm just a little confused about why they wouldn't have sent a callback email simultaneously.

Honestly probably means their recruiting staff are kind of disorganized, and/or your interviewer submitted their list but hasn't made calls yet because they're dealing with a fire drill or had something else come up. I would probably assume you have a callback and they'll schedule it soon.


If someone with the same interviewer has CB does that mean you're out?

Anonymous User
Posts: 309451
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:If someone with the same interviewer has CB does that mean you're out?


Yes and no. If callbacks are by phone it'll take at least some time to call through the list. Beyond that, While it's not impossible to still get a call, typically, you are likely to be out of luck. :(

User avatar
RSN

Silver
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby RSN » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:If someone with the same interviewer has CB does that mean you're out?


Yes and no. If callbacks are by phone it'll take at least some time to call through the list. Beyond that, While it's not impossible to still get a call, typically, you are likely to be out of luck. :(


Most likely that means you're out, but depending on the firm's process, you might not be totally sunk. Some firms will keep some candidates on a "maybe" list and not give them a CB initially, but if several of the candidates they do offer CBs to turn them down, they may then turn to the maybe list. Of course, odds are low and it doesn't make sense to hold out hope for a particular firm, especially when you have two more days of screeners to go. Key to remember through this process not to get too attached to any one firm.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.