Columbia EIP 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Offers from Simpson and Cravath.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Got an offer from Paul weiss today (a minute ago) interviewed Monday morning

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Offer from Simpson (interviewed Tuesday)

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Anyone hear back from Ropes NY? (CB or ding for screeners)

Foodz
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Foodz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Ropes NY? (CB or ding for screeners)


I got a CB from ropes the day after my screener

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Foodz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from Ropes NY? (CB or ding for screeners)


I got a CB from ropes the day after my screener


Interviewer initials?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 pm

Paul hastings offer

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Anybody knows if we need to send a thank-you email/call for offers which we have little intention to accept?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody knows if we need to send a thank-you email/call for offers which we have little intention to accept?

Do we even need to send them for offers we will likely accept? Other than calling back the person who called you to make the offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anybody knows if we need to send a thank-you email/call for offers which we have little intention to accept?


You don't "need" to do anything. It seems like a courteous thing to do since they're offering you a job, but you have the offer at this point; you can tell them to fuck off and that you have better options if you really want. That said, it's a much smaller business than people think, and a short thank you never hurt anyone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody knows if we need to send a thank-you email/call for offers which we have little intention to accept?

Do we even need to send them for offers we will likely accept? Other than calling back the person who called you to make the offer?


You definitely don't have to send thank yous to the people who you met with at your callback. Most of them are roped into it by recruiting and won't remember you. That said, if one of them actually emails you to say "congrats," I would respond with a quick thank you.

Other than that, no firms expect you to do anything before the offer dinners other than the 14-day courtesy follow-up letting them know that you're still interested.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody knows if we need to send a thank-you email/call for offers which we have little intention to accept?

Do we even need to send them for offers we will likely accept? Other than calling back the person who called you to make the offer?


You definitely don't have to send thank yous to the people who you met with at your callback. Most of them are roped into it by recruiting and won't remember you. That said, if one of them actually emails you to say "congrats," I would respond with a quick thank you.

Other than that, no firms expect you to do anything before the offer dinners other than the 14-day courtesy follow-up letting them know that you're still interested.


Speaking of that, what is the 14 day reaffirming thing? Do I just call them and say I'm still holding on to your offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:58 am

Foodz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear bqack from Ropes NY? (CB or ding for screeners)


I got a CB from ropes the day after my screener


The initials were JL

User avatar
RSN
Posts: 959
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby RSN » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anybody knows if we need to send a thank-you email/call for offers which we have little intention to accept?

Do we even need to send them for offers we will likely accept? Other than calling back the person who called you to make the offer?


You definitely don't have to send thank yous to the people who you met with at your callback. Most of them are roped into it by recruiting and won't remember you. That said, if one of them actually emails you to say "congrats," I would respond with a quick thank you.

Other than that, no firms expect you to do anything before the offer dinners other than the 14-day courtesy follow-up letting them know that you're still interested.


Speaking of that, what is the 14 day reaffirming thing? Do I just call them and say I'm still holding on to your offer?


Yup. Email is usually fine and better unless they asked you to call specifically.

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:22 am

CB everyday this week---is it normal to be going into the weekend without hearing anything yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:32 am

This week I think yes. Hiring committees might not meet this week, as it is the first real weeks of call backs. If they have limited offers to give, they might want to see a larger part of the pool. If they are big offices, then yeah that's probably bad

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:19 am

Any offers from DPW NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any offers from DPW NY?


Have a friend who interviewed Tues, offer Weds

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:18 pm

Has anyone who had a CB with K&E received an offer? If so, when did you interview and when did you get the offer?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Any CBs from Gibson Dunn LA?

If I haven't heard anything from a regional market, is it legit to call recruiting now or better to wait until next week

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Any more updates on PW and STB for NY?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Or more from DPW?

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any CBs from Gibson Dunn LA?

If I haven't heard anything from a regional market, is it legit to call recruiting now or better to wait until next week


CBs to LA and OC went out to people at the dinner last week

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:52 pm

PW offer (monday interview)

Anonymous User
Posts: 299522
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Columbia EIP 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:PW offer (monday interview)

Same. Offer yesterday.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.