Penn OCI 2017

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Penn OCI 2017

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else in my position with no callbacks yet did a lot of interviews?

Are you targeting non-NY markets? I'm in a similar situation but was told the other markets move much slower.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone else in my position with no callbacks yet did a lot of interviews?

Are you targeting non-NY markets? I'm in a similar situation but was told the other markets move much slower.

I can't speak for all non-NY markets but I targeted only Philly and Wilmington and have already heard back from all firms aside from a few I interviewed with on the last day of OCI. One of the interviewers said they got burned last cycle waiting too long to offer CBs and so are trying to move much more quickly this time around.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I can't speak for all non-NY markets but I targeted only Philly and Wilmington and have already heard back from all firms aside from a few I interviewed with on the last day of OCI. One of the interviewers said they got burned last cycle waiting too long to offer CBs and so are trying to move much more quickly this time around.

I'm a former Penn student but am close with someone doing OCI at Penn now, and they have also heard back from the majority of the Philly firms they interviewed with (I think like 5-6 CB's and a few rejection), as well as a CB in another large non-NYC market. So basically, I think we're well past the "other markets move slowly" time...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I'm a former Penn student but am close with someone doing OCI at Penn now, and they have also heard back from the majority of the Philly firms they interviewed with (I think like 5-6 CB's and a few rejection), as well as a CB in another large non-NYC market. So basically, I think we're well past the "other markets move slowly" time...

Good to know I guess :/

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:50 am

Still no CB guess I'm screwed. This is going to be a long year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Still no CB guess I'm screwed. This is going to be a long year.

Which markets are you looking in? I just accepted an offer and canceled a bunch of CBs so there's still hope!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Still no CB guess I'm screwed. This is going to be a long year.

Which markets are you looking in? I just accepted an offer and canceled a bunch of CBs so there's still hope!

NYC, Philly, DC. Congratz. recieved 20 rejections out of 50.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

you did 50 screeners?? that's crazy, I did 26 and was beat. The ones I canceled were mainly Philly and DC. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Keep your head up OP! Go to CPP and tell them your situation, mass mail every firm on the NALP list, use alumni contacts! It's not over, you're just gonna need to take a few extra steps of hustling. It'll be worth it at the end!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Has anyone heard from akin dc yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:29 pm

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone heard from akin dc yet?

They did an initial round of callback invites the night of their screeners. As people decline those, I'd guess later calls may go out if you have not gotten a ding yet.

Return to “Legal Employment”