Contact Firm after they missed their own Deadline?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Contact Firm after they missed their own Deadline?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon May 15, 2017 1:48 pm

I emailed a firm last week telling them that I have an offer from another firm that requires a response by the end of the month. The firm I emailed got back to me and said "we will have a response for you by the end of the week." Friday passed, and now it's Monday, and I still haven't heard from them. Should I send another followup or just be patient?

Thanks for the insight!

tyroneslothrop1

Bronze

Re: Contact Firm after they missed their own Deadline?

Postby tyroneslothrop1 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Be patient. I'd follow up maybe Friday.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Mon May 15, 2017 2:56 pm

I would wait.
Last edited by kellyfrost on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redsox550

Bronze

Postby redsox550 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:25 pm

maybe they meant end of the "month" or misread your email and thought you said "week" and then later realized you have another 15 days. Side note: that is a long ass time to have between receiving an offer and deciding.

ur_hero

Bronze

Postby ur_hero » Mon May 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I emailed a firm last week telling them that I have an offer from another firm that requires a response by the end of the month. The firm I emailed got back to me and said "we will have a response for you by the end of the week." Friday passed, and now it's Monday, and I still haven't heard from them. Should I send another followup or just be patient?

Thanks for the insight!

I'd say wait out the week. If they were ready to give you an offer at this moment, they'd have already reached out to you. They are likely not ready to make a decision yet due to other considerations. Shoot the recruiter a non-needy email after that and see how it plays out the next week or so from there.

Return to “Legal Employment�