Blanket applying to AUSA offices Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Blanket applying to AUSA offices

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 03, 2017 11:58 am

Anyone had any luck applying to AUSA offices even when an office isn't advertising a job on opening? I'm thinking about applying to all the offices in a particular region (covering several states), but very few, if any, of those offices are advertising jobs at the moment. Is it even worth applying if an office hasn't posted a job opening?

(Put aside for the moment any hiring freeze that may be in effect. My real question is whether my application would be even be considered if an office isn't advertising a job opening).

Anonymous User

Re: Blanket applying to AUSA offices

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 03, 2017 1:11 pm

There are some offices that do this (like I think SDNY has a blanket "how to apply" section on their web site), but for lots of offices they're not even going to look at the app. I suppose some places might keep your app on file for if an opening arises, but in most offices they have to have approval to hire (and also to advertise, because I think most offices won't hire outside of a formal hiring process, for fear of being accused of favoritism).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”