Believing that law school grades represent chances of success in practice is a wildly racist belief

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Pokemon

Gold

Re: Believing that law school grades represent chances of success in practice is a wildly racist belief

Postby Pokemon » Mon May 01, 2017 9:27 pm

TheoO wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:
los blancos wrote:Wait I didn't think there were really people who believed that LS grades were indicative of anything other than how good one is at LS exams. You're saying these people exist?

like 99% of all recruiting committees across all law firms

Them choosing to use grades as a way to weed out applicants isn't quite the same thing.

Yes it is. You wouldn't use grades to weed unless you thought it was at least a decent indicator.

but also it's easy, sort of objective, and something people can agree on. Also inertia.

I imagine it also appeases clients who like to see the list of associates on a project all having ivies and various honors.

No clients care very little about the honors of associates unless associate is such a moron that they have to wonder where the firm found them.

GreenEggs

Gold

Re: Believing that law school grades represent chances of success in practice is a wildly racist belief

Postby GreenEggs » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:04 pm

mods plz de-anon whoever bumped this

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Kummel wrote:mods plz de-anon whoever bumped this

For what purpose?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:16 pm

I'm not going to de-anon but I don't think we need to restart this conversation.

Return to “Legal Employment�