2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
axel.foley
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby axel.foley » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Cravath is another firm with only equity partners - they push this fact pretty hard. Not sure why it isn't included in that part of the graphic.

OneTwoThreeFour
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:15 am

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby OneTwoThreeFour » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 pm

hugerez wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:lol at poor "Lewis Brisbois" getting absolutely fucking savaged.

:lol:


i am a junior attorney considering this firm. i am not too familiar with the chart or how to read it. could you shed some light on why this firm is laughed at?


I don't think they got "savaged" but according to the graphic Lewis Brisbois has the lowest total revenue per lawyer among the AmLaw 100. Are things stable over there or has there been some downsizing?

User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 2283
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby cron1834 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:42 pm

OneTwoThreeFour wrote:
hugerez wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
dixiecupdrinking wrote:lol at poor "Lewis Brisbois" getting absolutely fucking savaged.

:lol:


i am a junior attorney considering this firm. i am not too familiar with the chart or how to read it. could you shed some light on why this firm is laughed at?


I don't think they got "savaged" but according to the graphic Lewis Brisbois has the lowest total revenue per lawyer among the AmLaw 100. Are things stable over there or has there been some downsizing?

I don't have any idea - they seem like an ordinary firm. Certainly being #100 means you're bigger and more successful than ten-thousand firms that are smaller. They just happen to be last among this particular subset. Don't overthink it.

tyroneslothrop1
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:48 pm

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby tyroneslothrop1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Lewis Brisbois is an insurance firm. The pay is very low relative to the hours you will work.

Anonymous User
Posts: 304702
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:34 pm

axel.foley wrote:Cravath is another firm with only equity partners - they push this fact pretty hard. Not sure why it isn't included in that part of the graphic.

John White shifted to non-equity (for conflict reasons) while Mary Jo White was SEC chair. He’s back to equity now.

Anonymous User
Posts: 304702
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:07 pm

tyroneslothrop1 wrote:Lewis Brisbois is an insurance firm. The pay is very low relative to the hours you will work.


I can confirm this firm pays 95K ($5K of that a bonus incentive) starting with 2000 or 2050 billable (depending on your practice group) with bonus built in to the billing requirement. So if you dont meet your hours you get $90K. If you meet your hours you get $95K. Who the fuck would work extra 200 hours for $5K if they had a choice? This isnt optional though. If you dont meet hour hours 2 yrs in a row you get canned. Their bonus structure is retarded.

Also no 401K contribution or any other kind of benefit except HMO medical insurance. Overall compensation package is shittier than most midsize firms.

Anonymous User
Posts: 304702
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:52 am

I just saw this thread today. Do not understand why K&S isn’t listed….their revs are around $1.5B and their PPP is +2.1M.

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 14797
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: 2017 AmLaw 100 By The Numbers

Postby Capitol_Idea » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:I just saw this thread today. Do not understand why K&S isn’t listed….their revs are around $1.5B and their PPP is +2.1M.

What do you mean by not listed? I think they're number 27 in the Amlaw 100, just not notably high or low enough anywhere to make the illustrative subset lists that are in this thread




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.