2017 PLIP

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is it odd to not have heard from six firms? Out of seven interviews? I imagine they're all dings, but why wait so long?


I'm not quite at that level, still waiting on 4, but yeah, it's disconcerting. My career services office said it's possible I'll never hear from them one way or the other... do we think that's true?

User avatar
UVA2B

Gold
Posts: 3421
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby UVA2B » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it odd to not have heard from six firms? Out of seven interviews? I imagine they're all dings, but why wait so long?


I'm not quite at that level, still waiting on 4, but yeah, it's disconcerting. My career services office said it's possible I'll never hear from them one way or the other... do we think that's true?


Unequivocally yes, it's possible. Recruiting is a massive administrative burden, and if the firm spends the majority of their time in recruiting in through screeners, then planning CBs and making decisions, it's entirely possible they might not ever let non-selected candidates know they weren't considered for future employment. As the firm gets bigger, generally the communication improves, but that's no guarantee.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it odd to not have heard from six firms? Out of seven interviews? I imagine they're all dings, but why wait so long?


I'm not quite at that level, still waiting on 4, but yeah, it's disconcerting. My career services office said it's possible I'll never hear from them one way or the other... do we think that's true?


Unequivocally yes, it's possible. Recruiting is a massive administrative burden, and if the firm spends the majority of their time in recruiting in through screeners, then planning CBs and making decisions, it's entirely possible they might not ever let non-selected candidates know they weren't considered for future employment. As the firm gets bigger, generally the communication improves, but that's no guarantee.


*sigh* Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear but good to know nonetheless.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Is it odd to not have heard from six firms? Out of seven interviews? I imagine they're all dings, but why wait so long?


I'm not quite at that level, still waiting on 4, but yeah, it's disconcerting. My career services office said it's possible I'll never hear from them one way or the other... do we think that's true?


Unequivocally yes, it's possible. Recruiting is a massive administrative burden, and if the firm spends the majority of their time in recruiting in through screeners, then planning CBs and making decisions, it's entirely possible they might not ever let non-selected candidates know they weren't considered for future employment. As the firm gets bigger, generally the communication improves, but that's no guarantee.


*sigh* Thanks for the info. Not what I wanted to hear but good to know nonetheless.


FWIW, I've heard from 9/17 firms, so just barely over half. That said, I know the smaller boutiques tend to move slower (and several told me as much) so if it's a big firm you're waiting on, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:41 pm

Just got a Goodwin NY ding

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:10 am

Is it worth following up with big firms that have been silent? Considering we did screeners almost two weeks ago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 pm

I have only heard from Foley (ding). Still waiting on everyone else [Fish (Minn), Thompson Coburn, Sidley (Dallas), Alston Bird (ATL), Finnegan (ATL), etc...]

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:11 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have only heard from Foley (ding). Still waiting on everyone else [Fish (Minn), Thompson Coburn, Sidley (Dallas), Alston Bird (ATL), Finnegan (ATL), etc...]


I know of CBs and (in some cases) offers at all the firms listed.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 pm

If I don’t get an offer after 24 hrs of CB . . .is this a DING? Did anyone get an offer after few days after CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:36 pm

If I don’t get an offer after 24 hrs of CB . . .is this a DING? Did anyone get an offer after few days after CB?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I don’t get an offer after 24 hrs of CB . . .is this a DING? Did anyone get an offer after few days after CB?


Had a CB today, they said 1-2 weeks

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:26 pm

CB from Bracewell in Houston today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:55 pm

Carlson Caspers ding via snail mail.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Baker McKenzie DC CB earlier today, scheduling for early next week

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If I don’t get an offer after 24 hrs of CB . . .is this a DING? Did anyone get an offer after few days after CB?


Got an offer over a week after the call back. Hang tight.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:03 pm

WSGR ding by email earlier today

lawschoolkid0122

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:51 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby lawschoolkid0122 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 am

Has anyone been dinged by Finnegan DC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Anyone got a CB/ding from Perkins Coie in Seattle?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Perkins Coie ding LA today via email

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:23 pm

meshoema wrote:I interviewed at 2017 PLIP. 14 pre-selects and 2 alt that turned into actual interviews. But, I have only heard back from two firms. One firm invited me to come for an all day interview next week and another firm kindly said no thank you. But, I still haven't heard from my number one choice. Has any one who interviewed with the following firms gotten a call back request or a rejection? I just want to know if they are still making up their minds or should I just be waiting for a rejection email....

Fish & Richardson
Brooks Kushman
Snell & Wilmer
Ropes & Gray
Oblon, McClelland, Maier & Neustad
Lowenstein Sandler
Hughes Hubbard & Reed
Dorsey & Whitney
Price Heneveld
Nixon Peabody
Holland & Hart
Fogg & Powers

Thanks....


Hughes Hubbard called for CB on August 11.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Any news from Schiff or Cooper Dunham yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Heard from:

W/ a CB
Brinks CHI - CB completed
Fitzpatrick NYC - CB completed
Baker McKenzie DC - CB being scheduled
Pepper Hamilton BOS - CB Aug 28
Hughes Hubbard NYC - CB Aug 23

W/O a CB
Wolf Greenfield BOS - No CB

Silence:
Fish Richardson NYC/Bos
Knobbe NYC
Green Griffith Borg-Green CHI
Nixon Peabody CHI (this one didn't go well at all so good chance it's a no)

Of everything w/ callbacks, no offers or denials yet.

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Heard from:

W/ a CB
Brinks CHI - CB completed
Fitzpatrick NYC - CB completed
Baker McKenzie DC - CB being scheduled
Pepper Hamilton BOS - CB Aug 28
Hughes Hubbard NYC - CB Aug 23

W/O a CB
Wolf Greenfield BOS - No CB

Silence:
Fish Richardson NYC/Bos
Knobbe NYC
Green Griffith Borg-Green CHI
Nixon Peabody CHI (this one didn't go well at all so good chance it's a no)

Of everything w/ callbacks, no offers or denials yet.


How long did it take to hear from Pepper about your callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Any dings from Winston Chicago?

Anonymous User
Posts: 324816
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any dings from Winston Chicago?


No dings I'm aware of (also waiting here), but I know of several offers.



Return to “Legal Employment?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.