2017 PLIP

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
engineer2law

2017 PLIP

Postby engineer2law » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Anyone else getting ready for the Loyola Patent Law Interview Program?

Many of the firms state that law review is preferred. I am currently a 1L (rising 2L) and will be able to write on to law review this summer. Anyone know how I can reflect this on my resume? Or do they not even look for any law review stuff on 1L resumes?

elendinel

Re: 2017 PLIP

Postby elendinel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 pm

engineer2law wrote:Anyone else getting ready for the Loyola Patent Law Interview Program?

Many of the firms state that law review is preferred. I am currently a 1L (rising 2L) and will be able to write on to law review this summer. Anyone know how I can reflect this on my resume? Or do they not even look for any law review stuff on 1L resumes?

Are there people at your school who can't write on during the summer? If not I don't think saying you're eligible to apply to law review is going to help, considering if you have to write on, there's a chance you won't get it. If at your school only a select percentage of the school can try to write on, then it'd still be a little weird to add this to your resume, but you can mention to the interviewer that you don't know if you'll do LR because the writing competition is in the summer.

If you meant "grade on" I think it's still too early to be assuming anything about whether or not you'll actually be able to grade on, and I don't see any value in saying "I think I will grade-on to my law review" on your resume (which is essentially what saying you're able to grade-on would look like).

exam_ner

Postby exam_ner » Wed May 17, 2017 4:00 pm

Checking in. Reminder that there are only 2 days left to fill out your bid list.

Mullens

Postby Mullens » Wed May 17, 2017 4:29 pm

engineer2law wrote:Anyone else getting ready for the Loyola Patent Law Interview Program?

Firms care but you better be on the actual law review (not a secondary journal) and this better be confirmed by your school. Just update your resume when its official.

Return to “Legal Employment”