DC AUSA office

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DC AUSA office

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if this office is hiring? Also, can anyone tell me a little bit about the interview process in the office, e.g., how interviews are structured, what type of questions they ask, things to avoid saying, etc.

Anonymous User

Re: DC AUSA office

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:24 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if this office is hiring? Also, can anyone tell me a little bit about the interview process in the office, e.g., how interviews are structured, what type of questions they ask, things to avoid saying, etc.

I know of someone who has an interview coming up with them so I assume they're hiring. From what she tells me, the process is panel interviews in the morning, break for lunch, then you come back and they give you facts of a case and half an hour to prepare before giving a mock opening statement.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone know if this office is hiring? Also, can anyone tell me a little bit about the interview process in the office, e.g., how interviews are structured, what type of questions they ask, things to avoid saying, etc.

I know of someone who has an interview coming up with them so I assume they're hiring. From what she tells me, the process is panel interviews in the morning, break for lunch, then you come back and they give you facts of a case and half an hour to prepare before giving a mock opening statement.

Is this the standard for most AUSA offices or just the DC one?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:47 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think just DC. The interviews I've had with AUSA offices only involved panel interviews.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think just DC. The interviews I've had with AUSA offices only involved panel interviews.

What kind of questions were asked at your panel interview?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think just DC. The interviews I've had with AUSA offices only involved panel interviews.

Ditto. I did get hypos from one office, but they sent them ahead of time, and I've never had to do a mock trial anything.

Questions were pretty predictable: why do you want to be a prosecutor? Why a federal prosecutor? Why this office? Tell us about your trial experience (or whatever experience you have, but preferably trial). Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Other questions I got were specific to having prosecutorial experience: how do you prepare for sentencing? How do you work with agents? What do you like most about the job/trial? what do struggle with most? How do you deal with defense counsel?

Return to “Legal Employment”