Thoughts on Shook Hardy Bacon? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
life2323

New

Thoughts on Shook Hardy Bacon?

Post by life2323 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:33 pm

What is everyone's thoughts in regards to Shook Hardy Bacon?

Jay2716

Bronze

Re: Thoughts on Shook Hardy Bacon?

Post by Jay2716 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:23 pm

It's a great firm if you want to litigate in KC or do products liability anywhere it has an office. For anything else there is probably a better choice. The few people I know that worked there and left did so because they didn't like the work. You're likely to be pigeonholed into a pretty specific kind of work that the former associates I know found psychologically draining. If you are into the work I've heard good things otherwise.

DildaMan

Bronze

Post by DildaMan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Tobacco.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Great firm name.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm

Jay2716 wrote:It's a great firm if you want to litigate in KC or do products liability anywhere it has an office. For anything else there is probably a better choice. The few people I know that worked there and left did so because they didn't like the work. You're likely to be pigeonholed into a pretty specific kind of work that the former associates I know found psychologically draining. If you are into the work I've heard good things otherwise.
I was co-counsel with them on a case at my old firm so can't speak to working there or anything, but this post is pretty spot-on. I got the feeling they only do litigation. They do a lot of defense for companies where the insurers are paying, so that means a lot of your hours will likely get slashed and be non-collectible. Kind of higher-end insurance defense. I would look into if this factors in regarding their minimum billable hours. And as mentioned above, they are mostly known for products liability defense, which is pretty hot right now in the Midwest. I would expect that you could be traveling and spending time in some random town in Illinois for a trial for a few weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”