Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
star fox

Diamond
Posts: 20786
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby star fox » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 pm


ballouttacontrol

Silver
Posts: 678
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby ballouttacontrol » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 pm

P,W

Anonymous User
Posts: 309294
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:28 pm

V20 down to AMLAW 200 firms.

User avatar
UVA2B

Gold
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby UVA2B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Hopefully I can give one piece of anecdata in the fall.

Anonymous User
Posts: 309294
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Depends what market. Median student is gonna have to really fight and likely strike out of DC. However, that same student will likely have access to v20 in NY. It is so dependent on the school, past employment history, etc to really give any advice. But a median student is not getting WC, Cravath, etc

User avatar
daedalus2309

Bronze
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby daedalus2309 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:45 pm

10/10 post

User avatar
UVA2B

Gold
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby UVA2B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 pm

V45 or bust

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby Minnietron » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:57 pm

UVA2B wrote:V45 or bust

Don't sell yourself short. You have at least V43 in you. I could even see V38!
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UVA2B

Gold
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby UVA2B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:00 pm

Minnietron wrote:
UVA2B wrote:V45 or bust

Don't sell yourself short. You have at least V43 in you. I could even see V38!


I was told, in no uncertain terms, that V34 and above requires 3.42 or above. A hiring partner at a V30 laughed and spit in my drink when he asked my GPA at a networking event and told me I needed to leave.

User avatar
QuentonCassidy

Silver
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby QuentonCassidy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:03 pm

On a related note, which schools do V25-63 associates come from?

Minnietron

Silver
Posts: 759
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 am

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby Minnietron » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:06 pm

UVA2B wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
UVA2B wrote:V45 or bust

Don't sell yourself short. You have at least V43 in you. I could even see V38!


I was told, in no uncertain terms, that V34 and above requires 3.42 or above. A hiring partner at a V30 laughed and spit in my drink when he asked my GPA at a networking event and told me I needed to leave.

Whoa! I'm glad they at least vocalized the need to leave. I've heard removal from V30 networking can make United look like a spa day! The disdain for unworthy candidates knows no bounds.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UVA2B

Gold
Posts: 3407
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Which Firms Do Median PMVDNBC Students Go To?

Postby UVA2B » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:22 pm

Minnietron wrote:
UVA2B wrote:
Minnietron wrote:
UVA2B wrote:V45 or bust

Don't sell yourself short. You have at least V43 in you. I could even see V38!


I was told, in no uncertain terms, that V34 and above requires 3.42 or above. A hiring partner at a V30 laughed and spit in my drink when he asked my GPA at a networking event and told me I needed to leave.

Whoa! I'm glad they at least vocalized the need to leave. I've heard removal from V30 networking can make United look like a spa day! The disdain for unworthy candidates knows no bounds.


At first I thought it was really unprofessional, but in all fairness, he could probably smell my prole mediocrity from a mile away, and that's on me. I thought I could fool him by drinking a red wine, but he just smirked and asked if I need to water it down with ice so I wouldn't drown my already overwhelmed mental faculties. Really set the tone for my birthday.



Return to “Legal Employment�

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.