Follow up email?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow up email?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Had an interview 2 weeks ago at a small firm. The main attorney told me they'll bring me on and to send him an email telling him when I can start. I did this later that evening but have not heard anything from them since. My start date is 4 weeks from now. At what point should I send another email confirming he got the first one? This is for 2L summer.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Re: Follow up email?

Postby foregetaboutdre » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had an interview 2 weeks ago at a small firm. The main attorney told me they'll bring me on and to send him an email telling him when I can start. I did this later that evening but have not heard anything from them since. My start date is 4 weeks from now. At what point should I send another email confirming he got the first one? This is for 2L summer.

Email or call his receptionist. Calling his receptionist might be the easiest way.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:08 pm

foregetaboutdre wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had an interview 2 weeks ago at a small firm. The main attorney told me they'll bring me on and to send him an email telling him when I can start. I did this later that evening but have not heard anything from them since. My start date is 4 weeks from now. At what point should I send another email confirming he got the first one? This is for 2L summer.

Email or call his receptionist. Calling his receptionist might be the easiest way.

okay but when

MrT

Bronze

Postby MrT » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
foregetaboutdre wrote:

okay but when

Now. There is no harm in following up with the receptionist.

elendinel

Silver

Postby elendinel » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Considering your hypothetical start date is in a month I don't think it'd be unreasonable to reach out ASAP (to ensure you still have a start date and to confirm that start date).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:51 am

elendinel wrote:Considering your hypothetical start date is in a month I don't think it'd be unreasonable to reach out ASAP (to ensure you still have a start date and to confirm that start date).

you seem to suggest that an attorney would tell a student he will hire the student for a summer clerkship and then renege the offer, i know this happens for actual jobs but does it happen for 2L summer?

Return to “Legal Employment�