State Government response time

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

State Government response time

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:38 pm

Anyone knows how long it usually takes for state government to send out its decision? Applied to summer intern gig with a regulatory agency in a major market about 1.5 month ago, heard nothing so far. Extremely worried that I god dinged. All inputs are appreciated@

Tiny Rick!

Bronze

Re: State Government response time

Postby Tiny Rick! » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:58 pm

I would assume you didn't get it and keep applying elsewhere, but you never know.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Definitely possible that you dinged, especially if you didn't interview. Lots of places don't commit resources to getting back to everyone who applies, particularly for temporary summer positions. I don't think you're necessarily out of the running, either, though - March is a little early for some places to start looking at apps, and hiring for temporary positions is often pretty far down the priority list.

Bottom line: you can't read much into the delay. Since it would be much better to be working than not, don't hold off hoping that this position will come through. Keep applying until you've got something.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 pm

my experiences with both City and State govt in a major market has been either application ----> radio silence, or, interview ---->radio silence until it fades from my memory.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:55 pm

One time a state gov snail mailed me a letter saying they got my (emailed) application. Most never responded in any way. A couple interviewed me. One sent me an email saying I wasn't qualified for the position I applied for but I should reapply once I have a couple more years experience. Every state is different.

But yeah, assume you didn't get it, apply elsewhere, and maybe they'll end up emailing you down the line.

Return to “Legal Employment�