Should I email a followup

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Should I email a followup

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:56 pm

I interviewed for a government job last week at the end of the interview the employer said that I would hear back sometime this week about if I received the job or not. I am normally not an inpatient person; however, my school's stipend deadline is April 1st and if I want any chance of securing it I need to submit my materials. Is it okay if I email them during the later part of the day to let them know? I don't want to sound like I am rushing them or that I am inpatient, but if I am lacking funds I will not be able to do the internship at all.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Should I email a followup

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:04 pm

You still have a week and a half till the first, and the deadline they gave you for letting you know hasn't passed. Wait till next week to get back to them. As long as you get the materials in by the deadline you're fine, you don't need to get them in early.

Return to “Legal Employment�