Harvard Legal Aid Bureau

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Harvard Legal Aid Bureau

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:51 am

So I'm contemplating what to do for my 2L summer with big law as my ultimate goal in mind. To what extent does having the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau on my resume help me attain a big law position upon graduation? The alternative is making money (currently only have a two-attorney firm position for $15/hour as an alternative). Thank you all.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedPurpleBlue

Bronze

Re: Harvard Legal Aid Bureau

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:13 am

It would give you a negligible or nonexistent boost. If you aren't getting a 2L SA at a BL firm or have clerkship level grades at your school, you're likely not getting BL. That being said, I think your best bet would be to pick the mid size firm and gun for BL at 3L OCI.

mjb447

Silver

Re: Harvard Legal Aid Bureau

Postby mjb447 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:22 am

RedPurpleBlue wrote:It would give you a negligible or nonexistent boost. If you aren't getting a 2L SA at a BL firm or have clerkship level grades at your school, you're likely not getting BL. That being said, I think your best bet would be to pick the mid size firm and gun for BL at 3L OCI.

+1. 3L BL hiring is rough, but a position with a firm might at least signal your interest in firm life. If I understand correctly what the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau does, I think it'll be of basically no interest to potential BL employers.

Return to “Legal Employment�