Best Cheap CLE?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
aclaw2016

New

Best Cheap CLE?

Postby aclaw2016 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:53 pm

What the best and cheapest way to get your CLE credits (I'm in NY) if you don't have a big firm to pay for it? I go to my law school alumni events, etc. (and any other free CLE events I can find), but--assuming I'll still need a bunch after all the free programming--what do others out there use for their CLE (on their own dime)?

Nebby

Diamond

Re: Best Cheap CLE?

Postby Nebby » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:55 pm

Check with the NYC Bar Association to see if they have stuff. Here in Chicago, the CBA has tons of free CLE, both in person and in webinar format. It's legit.

cll321

New

Postby cll321 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:02 pm

I actually do some partnership work for a great little company called :? . They offer a bunch of 30-minute interview videos with top scholars and practitioners on interesting/timely/controversial topics. (Interesting stuff, and great tech too. Awesome mobile app that you can use to download talks to watch on the go. Loved them for my commute.) They cover NY. (As well as CA, IL, and AZ--and lots more in the pipeline.)

Enjoy!

aclaw2016

New

Postby aclaw2016 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:07 pm

cll321 wrote:Enjoy!

Thanks! I just clicked through and picked around a bit. Previewed a couple of video. Incredible speakers. (A few from my law school!) So with the code is unlimited CLE for $200 for a year? If so, the time-savings alone probably beats even free options that require you to travel to sessions. Anyway--thanks for looking out!

cll321

New

Postby cll321 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:11 pm

aclaw2016 wrote:
cll321 wrote:So with the code is unlimited CLE for $200 for a year? If so, the time-savings alone probably beats even free options that require you to travel to sessions.

Yep--unlimited. And that's the goal. Make it super-interesting/useful, but also super-easy to fit in to your day (watch on the subway, on the treadmill, etc.). If you try it, would love to hear what you think! And feel free to spread the word/that code. I'll leave it active for a while, so anyone can use it.

smaug

Diamond

Postby smaug » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:13 pm

Yes this all seems very real and normal, you two different and not at all the same people discussing this product!

soj

Platinum

Removed

Postby soj » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Return to “Legal Employment�