If...

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Baconbits

New

If...

Postby Baconbits » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:18 am

If you, as an employer, or just a general lawyer, in whatever capacity, law firm, government, anything at all... were to encounter a....

Singularly mind blowing amazingly hot girl, or I guess guy, for the female lawyers of TLS, because the gender isn't really important, it's more that this is a 15/10 individual, has all the characteristics, extreme emotional intuition and intelligence, and is pretty much just all around stunning.

Could you, handle the fact, that is to say, would you be able to avoid discriminating, micro-aggression, and all sorts of other issues, if they were, in addition to this fact, also smarter than you were?

That is to say, would you be capable of just letting them be a lawyer and/or not impeding their career progress, because while you, the steoretypical egomanical lawyer runs on 3 things I've found

1. You are probably a pretty ugly person, on the inside, and out.
2. You are not used to having lots of interactions, due to the relative isolation of the profession and just exposure to certain kinds of people.
3. You have lots of control via money and other factors which deadens you to outside opinions.

That does not, obviously, mean it is ok to discriminate on the basis of the fact that you feel disempowered in some way, shape, or form.

So, please answer honestly to my less than normal hypothetical, because it directly concerns legal employment.

If you can't, you can't, if you can, fine, honest answers though, only, please.

I think related, if you want, can you also share simply whether you are in fact capable of interacting with really anyone who you know, on some level, to be superior to you genetically, either in whole or in part, and not committing the relatively egregious sins of lashing out and/or as discussed aggression of various kinds.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: If...

Postby rpupkin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:48 am

Baconbits wrote:I think related, if you want, can you also share simply whether you are in fact capable of interacting with really anyone who you know, on some level, to be superior to you genetically, either in whole or in part, and not committing the relatively egregious sins of lashing out and/or as discussed aggression of various kinds.

I hope for your sake that you have stunning looks, because your writing is terrible.

BobBoblaw

Bronze

Postby BobBoblaw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 am

rpupkin wrote:Baconbits, I hope for your sake that you have stunning looks, because your writing is terrible.

Oh for the love of commas.

bk1

Diamond

Postby bk1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:54 am

rpupkin wrote:
Baconbits wrote:I think related, if you want, can you also share simply whether you are in fact capable of interacting with really anyone who you know, on some level, to be superior to you genetically, either in whole or in part, and not committing the relatively egregious sins of lashing out and/or as discussed aggression of various kinds.

I hope for your sake that you have stunning looks, because your writing is terrible.

I don't know what to think in light of this stunning about face on baconbits's literary prowess.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Postby kellyfrost » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:57 am

Jesus Christ, your writing is so shitty it completely distracted me from the content of your post.

Please delete your message and try again.

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Postby KissMyAxe » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:59 am

rpupkin wrote:

Yeah, I have no idea what the hell OP is saying, but I'm assuming OP is calling themselves a 15/10 with "extreme emotional intuition and intelligence, and pretty much just all around stunning." If so, their writing doesn't lead me to believe that. Also, lol to a TLS student being that uber attractive.

Return to “Legal Employment�