Is the Bay Area international re partners and clients?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is the Bay Area international re partners and clients?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:58 am

International in this context mean = partners or clients have foreign "accents".

Compared to biglaws in NYC (or just a rule of thumb), how much international or not-so-international is the Bay Area?

Any inputs would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks!!!
Last edited by Anonymous User on Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabigchina

Silver

Re: Is the Bay Area international re partners and clients?

Postby dabigchina » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:23 am

I'm confused by the question.

SFSpartan

Silver

Postby SFSpartan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm confused as to why "International" means partners and/or clients have English accents. But yeah, there are a good number of foreign startup founders here. My clients have French accents though, so I guess they aren't international :P

jhett

Bronze

Postby jhett » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:34 pm

By English accent do you mean:
1) A person whose spoken English has an accent because it's not their native language
2) A person with a British accent
3) Something else

Also, why focus on accents? Why don't you just ask whether Bay Area firms service a lot of foreign-based clients, or have partners of varying national origin?

Lastly, what's the point of asking this question? Without context, no one knows how to answer you in a helpful way.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:41 pm

jhett wrote:By English accent do you mean:
1) A person whose spoken English has an accent because it's not their native language

OP here.
My apologies for causing any confusion and thanks a lot for responses. I meant foreign accents, hence "1)A person whose spoken English has an accent because it's not their native language"

Please understand that I can't be more specific. It's just MY way of gauging my candidacy for the market.

I would really appreciate fact-based answers like 1/x of my clients have foreign accents and I practice Y. I REALLY need this information.. :D

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Here's a number 6 / 10 for the attempt

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Any other inputs with practice group? :cry:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:52 pm

I have no idea how one would be able to gauge their candidacy using that type of metric.

TBH, based on your written communication skills it reads like your are the one whose English is a secondary language. Don't mean to sound snippy, but I suggest you brush up your writing skills (or at least pay attention what you put on paper) before seriously taking up the practice of law in the US.

Return to “Legal Employment�