Best way to disclose?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Best way to disclose?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:56 pm

Hey guys, just got my offer for an SA. Wondering from the employers perspective what the best way/time/method of disclosing something that might come up on the background check. I was told to fill out forms on the first day I come in for work in May.

Any advice helps, thanks guys!

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Best way to disclose?

Postby rpupkin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys, just got my offer for an SA. Wondering from the employers perspective what the best way/time/method of disclosing something that might come up on the background check. I was told to fill out forms on the first day I come in for work in May.

Any advice helps, thanks guys!

I suppose it depends on how serious the issue is. If it's something relatively minor (and something you already disclosed in your law school applications), I wouldn't worry about it; I'd just let the firm do the background check in May.

Desert Fox

Diamond

Postby Desert Fox » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:10 pm

Firms aren't schools. I wouldn't disclose anything that isn't a serious felony or related to fraud or something.
Last edited by Desert Fox on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 pm

It's a simple possession misdemeanor from a few years back - serious enough to warrant a call/email to disclose before may?

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's a simple possession misdemeanor from a few years back - serious enough to warrant a call/email to disclose before may?

I wouldn't. You might not even have to disclose in may. Firms vary, but my firm just had standard sign offs (I.e. Can we check background, list addresses, can we check credit). Nothing substantive.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's a simple possession misdemeanor from a few years back - serious enough to warrant a call/email to disclose before may?

Nah.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:16 pm

No.

Return to “Legal Employment�