NY State Unified Court System - Hiring timeline?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY State Unified Court System - Hiring timeline?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Just wanted to throw it out there if anyone has any experience with getting an offer from a NY State Unified Court System job. It's an attorney position and the interview went very well and my references were requested/contacted soon thereafter, so trying not to drive myself nuts waiting. I do know from a friend who didn't get a similar job he applied for received a letter in the mail saying he didn't get the job about 3-4 weeks after interviewing so I'm assuming the timeline is quicker than that if they're going to make an offer but I also know there could be some red tape w/ a state job.

Thanks for any insight!

Civilservant

New

Re: NY State Unified Court System - Hiring timeline?

Postby Civilservant » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:35 pm

If they contacted your references, expect an offer very soon.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:45 pm

Civilservant wrote:If they contacted your references, expect an offer very soon.

Thank you for the insight, they had finished talking to my references by Thursday of last week so IF I were to get an offer, this week would be possible?

Civilservant

New

Postby Civilservant » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Yes, entirely possible.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Great, thanks. I figured the references request was a great sign but wasn't sure if that extended to multiple candidates or they would start w/ their #1 and only move to more if the references weren't good. Most of my research points to employers usually not wasting time with references on multiple people but I've also never dealt with a state job, so appreciate your outlook.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:14 am

I work in the unified court system. Which position did you interview for?

lolabear727

Bronze

Postby lolabear727 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:01 am

Let us know how it goes!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I work in the unified court system. Which position did you interview for?

I appreciate the offer but would like to keep this anonymous, was more looking for a general idea of the normal length of time these jobs take from interview to offer since I have an idea of the rejection timeline (3-4 weeks, though I'm sure that depends on the position and who's interviewed). I'm also aware it could vary from office to office but am desperate for any info haha, so figured I'd put it out there.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:44 am

OP here, unless I hear today, will become a bit more doubtful. I'd imagine next week would be the make or break one in terms of an offer (rejection timeline would seem to be the week after) but would have been really nice to have peace of mind going into the weekend. We shall see.

Return to “Legal Employment�