Frustrating CB/Offer experience.

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Frustrating CB/Offer experience.

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Edited/TLDR: Told a firm I had another offer and they ignored me until the day before my deadline when a partner called in a frantic and told me to "hang tight" until afternoon of deadline day. Afternoon of deadline day came and went and I still didn't receive an answer.

Has anyone had any similar situations? The whole thing seemed very disorganized and unprofessional. What do you think happened?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

favabeansoup

Bronze

Re: Frustrating CB/Offer experience.

Postby favabeansoup » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote: I ignore the email and decide not to bother with it anymore, I loved the other firm and was ready to accept that offer.

Has anyone had any similar situations? The whole thing seemed very disorganized and unprofessional. What do you think happened?

Yes and who cares. You got an offer from a firm you liked better it doesn't matter. Lots of reasons why recruitment is unorganized and things can delayed/lost.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The whole thing seemed very disorganized and unprofessional. What do you think happened?

I think you got a dose of real life. Get used to it.

RaceJudicata

Gold

Postby RaceJudicata » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Yep still waiting on a few firms I had call backs with during 2L OCI. Graduating in 10 weeks, but there is still hope for that McDermott offer!

Npret

Silver

Postby Npret » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:07 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The whole thing seemed very disorganized and unprofessional. What do you think happened?

I think you got a dose of real life. Get used to it.

Plus 1,000.
Hiring you or anyone else isn't their top priority. They probably couldn't get agreement or hiring committee couldn't meet or whatever. They don't actually mind if you take the other offer even if they might have wanted to possibly hire you. They can't work on your time frame.

Or maybe they decided not to hire you and just didn't get back to confirm.

It's just life and nothing personal though I can see how it feels personal.

Congrats with your new offer and a new job with a firm you like.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:47 pm

Yeah, disorganized, unprofessional, and totally normal.

WheatThins

Bronze

Postby WheatThins » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:08 pm

Folks going through OCI for some reason think they are being recruited like a top college football recruit. Even though this is super important to you right now, its so far down on most partner's radar.

Just try to relax and take a step back.

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:33 pm

I think some of these responses are a little dismissive. I'd be peeved if I were in your shoes and you're justified in feeling annoyed. It doesn't sound like you were being a primadonna. That said, nothing to do but move on. It's definitely not personal.

Return to “Legal Employment�