Following up with firm after a ding?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Following up with firm after a ding?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:29 pm

deleted
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Re: Following up with firm after a ding?

Postby foregetaboutdre » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:56 pm

In May or even earlier....potentially reach out and just ask general questions about OCI and their timeline. Or say - Can I call you and ask about OCI at X? I did something similar last year so feel free to ask me to elaborate.

Sorry for quoting.

dabigchina

Silver

Postby dabigchina » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:00 pm

My reading of it is they are basically telling you to mass mail them early in the summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:***Please don't quote***

I was dinged from a 1L SA position from a firm I like in my home market. I had made a good impression on the legal recruiter after meeting them in person and then maintained contact via email & a screener. After the automated ding email, I recieved a personal email from the recruiter apologizing for the situation and asking me to keep in touch regarding 2L OCI etc. I usually consider these to be a generic courtesy, but the tone and language makes me believe that's not the case here. Even offered to meet for coffee whenever I'm back in town and that they would be lucky to have me reapply for 2L summer.

Anyway, I want to keep in touch but don't know how to tactfully do so. I have no plans of returning to my home market any time soon, so the coffee excuse is out. Can't think of a non-aspie reason to shoot the firm an email...once OCI gets closer, I can inquire about that, but would like to say something in the interim. Any ideas/ advice?

Maybe between now and OCI, send them an email mentioning how you are still interested in the firm, why you still think it's a good fit for your background plus interests, and ask when might be a good time to send in your resume for consideration for the 2L summer associate program.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:31 pm

dabigchina wrote:My reading of it is they are basically telling you to mass mail them early in the summer.

tyrant_flycatcher

Bronze

Postby tyrant_flycatcher » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:***Please don't quote***

Maybe between now and OCI, send them an email mentioning how you are still interested in the firm, why you still think it's a good fit for your background plus interests, and ask when might be a good time to send in your resume for consideration for the 2L summer associate program.

*cough* *cough*

Return to “Legal Employment�